The 'cult' band

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

TombTormentor

6 März 2005
2001: Destroyer 666, Desaster, Death SS, Deceased...
2002: Sabbat, Metalucifer, Warlord...
2003: Assassin, Ancient Rites...
2004: Hobbs Angel of Death, Satan
2005: Count Raven
2006: ??????

Elvenking

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Dez. 2003
Köln
i think it's too early to complain about missing "cult bands". they will come like they came in the present. there are only 13 bands confirmed yet, so over 50 more are to be announced. i'm sure your beloved "cult bands" will be announced :)

trp

6 Dez. 2004
Elvenking schrieb:
i think it's too early to complain about missing "cult bands". they will come like they came in the present. there are only 13 bands confirmed yet, so over 50 more are to be announced. i'm sure your beloved "cult bands" will be announced :)

i hope so, too. :rolleyes:
but i defenitely do not wanna see "scorpions" or any other bullshit called "cult band" ... :o

regards, trp

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
TombTormentor schrieb:
2006: ??????
what is so "cult" about them in your opinion?

I think everybody has his/her own "cult" bands. You mentioned none of mine. And for 2006 there are at least two or three bands confirmed that I regard as "cult" already... ;)

trp

6 Dez. 2004
Kate McGee schrieb:

I think everybody has his/her own "cult" bands. You mentioned none of mine. And for 2006 there are at least two or three bands confirmed that I regard as "cult" already... ;)

i guess accept or something like this :D
ok, so far, but what do you think of "scorpions" to play at woa 2006?
horrible, terrible, [...]

cheers, trp :cool:

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
trp schrieb:
i guess accept or something like this :D
ok, so far, but what do you think of "scorpions" to play at woa 2006?
horrible, terrible, [...]

cheers, trp :cool:
Did I get that right? You think Accept is one of my cult bands? (And that was in 2005...?) :confused:
Well it certainly is a cult band for many metalheads, but I don't really like it.
My cult bands (by now) in 2006: Emperor, Subway To Sally.
In 2005: none. Well, Candlemass for many of you out there maybe.

Scorpions.....well.....as Holger said they'd have to concentrate on the classical metal stuff and not the softer stuff it might be interesting. But I saw them in 2004 and I was very disappointed. Who knows.

TombTormentor

6 März 2005
Kate McGee schrieb:

Wacken themselves billed some of these bands as 'Cult' when they were confirmed, not me.
I'm not looking for personal opinions about who is 'cult' or not, because that's not the point of this thread. Personally, I don't think many bands are 'Cult' at all...
Wacken used to have a policy of getting established underground acts (like Desaster) to play every year. Now that policy seems to have disappeared...

This thread is therefore an attempt to convince Wacken into getting two or three - JUST TWO OR THREE! - bands of that style to play.

TombTormentor

6 März 2005
By the way, I think CANDLEMASS are the ULTIMATE Cult band!
It's a shame Wacken themselves did not recognise this, and put Goth Metal acts above them, who have had little influence in Metal compared to Candlemass...

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
TombTormentor schrieb:
Wacken themselves billed some of these bands as 'Cult' when they were confirmed, not me.
I'm not looking for personal opinions about who is 'cult' or not, because that's not the point of this thread. Personally, I don't think many bands are 'Cult' at all...
Wacken used to have a policy of getting established underground acts (like Desaster) to play every year. Now that policy seems to have disappeared...

This thread is therefore an attempt to convince Wacken into getting two or three - JUST TWO OR THREE! - bands of that style to play.
Well - didn't they call Celtic Frost and that Satyricon/Nocturno Culto thingy "cult" bands or something like that when they were confirmed?
And personally I don't really know where the problem is. They are getting just about the same bands to play as in the past years. They just don't use the word "cult" any more.

grinsekatze666

<span style="color:black">Moderator</span>
15 Juni 2003
Münster
twitter.com
2006: Extreme Noise Terror in their original lineup

*leaves thread really quick* :D

TombTormentor

6 März 2005
Kate McGee schrieb:
.....but who are much more popular at the moment.

You have a point, of course. But Metal is not only about popularity.
Anyway, this is not the point of the thread. I'm merely interested in seeing some established underground bands at Wacken again, like in the past.
I know people will be commenting that x and y on the bill for 2006 are 'cult' and so on, but I'm focusing on smaller bands who would play the tent stage or second stage, not the headliners.

Like I mentioned previously, so many bands play Wacken every year, so I cannot see why there would be a problem in having, for example, Nifelheim, Denial of God or Pentacle (ie - two or three bands) at the festival...

Kate McGee

13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
TombTormentor schrieb:
You have a point, of course. But Metal is not only about popularity.
Anyway, this is not the point of the thread. I'm merely interested in seeing some established underground bands at Wacken again, like in the past.
I know people will be commenting that x and y on the bill for 2006 are 'cult' and so on, but I'm focusing on smaller bands who would play the tent stage or second stage, not the headliners.

Like I mentioned previously, so many bands play Wacken every year, so I cannot see why there would be a problem in having, for example, Nifelheim, Denial of God or Pentacle (ie - two or three bands) at the festival...
I'm not sure if I have even heard of these bands...just like the WOA team, maybe.
The problem is that there are thousands of small bands, good and bad ones. And there are always some small bands on the billing. But I guess the chance that they exactly pick out the bands YOU would like to see is very small. *shrug*

TombTormentor

6 März 2005
Kate McGee schrieb:
I'm not sure if I have even heard of these bands...just like the WOA team, maybe.
The problem is that there are thousands of small bands, good and bad ones. And there are always some small bands on the billing. But I guess the chance that they exactly pick out the bands YOU would like to see is very small. *shrug*

Fair enough if you haven't heard of them, but those three examples have been around since the late 80s/early 90s. And believe me, there would be a core of people who would come to Wacken especially to see one of those bands if they played.
I'm not suggesting that Wacken goes out to book these bands, because some message board poster wants to see them live, but they are merely examples.