the cruelty of nature

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

konstrukt

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Dez. 2002
USA
Fuck...

Even Piranhas need to eat. And since they only eat live animals, you have to feed them.

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Originally posted by konstrukt
And since they only eat live animals, you have to feed them.
Do they stop eating as soon as the animal is dead? Besides, most piranha feeding guides on the net seem to have missed this fact, and recommend frozen food. Write them a mail and tell them why their piranhas keep dying.

konstrukt

13 Dez. 2002
USA
Originally posted by mugabe
Do they stop eating as soon as the animal is dead? Besides, most piranha feeding guides on the net seem to have missed this fact, and recommend frozen food. Write them a mail and tell them why their piranhas keep dying.

Well, in the wild, piranhas are hunters. I don't see why you shouldn't feed them what theywould eat in the wild.

Maybe it would be more humane to feed them Tofu?

But I think the sadistic part here is filming the feeding frenzy, though i think it is quite interesting, since I've never seen it before.,

mugabe

7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Originally posted by konstrukt
Well, in the wild, piranhas are hunters. I don't see why you shouldn't feed them what theywould eat in the wild.

Maybe it would be more humane to feed them Tofu?

But I think the sadistic part here is filming the feeding frenzy, though i think it is quite interesting, since I've never seen it before.,
Ok, mail the Seneca Park Zoo about the error on their homepage, then.

Piranhas are both scavengers and predators. They clean the flesh from bodies of animals that have drowned or died in the water. But they will also nip scales and fins from other fish. A few species are capable of killing larger animals, especially when attacking in a group. But throughout the range of this fish, people still swim in the rivers and lakes where they live and have not been harmed. Certain conditions seem to cause piranhas to attack: hunger during the dry season when rivers shrink in size, muddy waters with poor visibility, and the scent of an animal carcass or slaughterhouse waste in the water.

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
I think it's ok if animals hunt or are feed with living animals.... gee, there are people giving their pets only vegan food even if they need meat .... that's crazy! My hamster also gets bacon and ham every now andthen because he needs it. My cavies are both vegan.

But I don't like such films a lot, that's the point.