The 2nd Annual Gathering of the "Kevin" (how to meet people if you have social issues)

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

smf4ever

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
So... let me explain first as this sounds odd. As an American going to Wacken for my first time last year, I was very nervous about talking and meeting people (Heck.. as Americans.. we are not always the best just being open and cool to strangers).. We met a nice couple from the UK and a dude from NZ in Hamburg on the way out to WOA. On that Monday, while getting the tickets/bands/etc and just taking in the vast experience that just the "market/midway" area had to offer, we found a quiet table (Just on the other side of a Bratwurst tent.. right next to the Soccer (Football) field).... There we drank quietly to ourselves.

Our UK friends got totally blitzed at this point and wandered over to us. He couldn't remember our names so we both became "Kevin".. I was Big US Kevin, she was Blond girl Kevin. As we were being loud, a New Yorker overheard our accent and said hello (Thus the loud chant of "KEVIN"!!!) as he was now New York Kevin. New Zealand Kevin found us.. later we added German-HongKong Kevin.. Little Girl Kevin.. 3 Dutch Kevins.. and so on..<The little girl Kevin did become King of the Kevins as she out pranked Drunk UK Kevin in a shocking fun water fight.. she I believe was only 16? maybe 17>

So.... This became a thing during the week (But Especially during the Monday and Tuesday evenings)... You alone in WOA? or just not sure out to mingle and get with people?? Come over towards that area between the Football field and Beer/brat tent (if same set up as last year).. and just shout out "KEVIN!".... You will probably get a "KEVIN" as a reply.. you are now Kevin Brothers and Sisters....

Myself (DC Kevin, or big Kevin) and my lady will be around that area just to help. So Easy way to meet some people.... Be a Kevin!!!

:)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

smf4ever

12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
The "official Kevin" hang place basically stayed until Thursday when infield opened.. then is was random meetings of Kevins around the infield... (Except that one Dutch Kevin that kept calling me Chuck Billy...... ) lol

Reaktionen: perfectmansions

perfectmansions

W:O:A Metalmaster
28 Okt. 2014
Staffordshire, England
So... let me explain first as this sounds odd. As an American going to Wacken for my first time last year, I was very nervous about talking and meeting people (Heck.. as Americans.. we are not always the best just being open and cool to strangers).. We met a nice couple from the UK and a dude from NZ in Hamburg on the way out to WOA. On that Monday, while getting the tickets/bands/etc and just taking in the vast experience that just the "market/midway" area had to offer, we found a quiet table (Just on the other side of a Bratwurst tent.. right next to the Soccer (Football) field).... There we drank quietly to ourselves.

Our UK friends got totally blitzed at this point and wandered over to us. He couldn't remember our names so we both became "Kevin".. I was Big US Kevin, she was Blond girl Kevin. As we were being loud, a New Yorker overheard our accent and said hello (Thus the loud chant of "KEVIN"!!!) as he was now New York Kevin. New Zealand Kevin found us.. later we added German-HongKong Kevin.. Little Girl Kevin.. 3 Dutch Kevins.. and so on..<The little girl Kevin did become King of the Kevins as she out pranked Drunk UK Kevin in a shocking fun water fight.. she I believe was only 16? maybe 17>

So.... This became a thing during the week (But Especially during the Monday and Tuesday evenings)... You alone in WOA? or just not sure out to mingle and get with people?? Come over towards that area between the Football field and Beer/brat tent (if same set up as last year).. and just shout out "KEVIN!".... You will probably get a "KEVIN" as a reply.. you are now Kevin Brothers and Sisters....

Myself (DC Kevin, or big Kevin) and my lady will be around that area just to help. So Easy way to meet some people.... Be a Kevin!!!

:)

Sounds like logic to me :D

darek

20 Juni 2019
Sounds Cool! I'll be traveling alone, coming from Atlanta, GA. That sounds like a good way to get to know people and at least not drink by myself :)

Reaktionen: perfectmansions

smf4ever

12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
F yea... I will post some more (like what my Battle vest looks like) a bit closer so I/We (My girl and I) can be found.

Best thing I learned from my first WOA last year... As much as the music is why I went.. the community of people become a more important part than any concert/show.

Reaktionen: Quark

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
F yea... I will post some more (like what my Battle vest looks like) a bit closer so I/We (My girl and I) can be found.

Best thing I learned from my first WOA last year... As much as the music is why I went.. the community of people become a more important part than any concert/show.

Just make sure I can find you (Mon-Tue)! Got a shirt for you, remember?
And, to make things worse, I've also got imperfect eyesight! :cool::ugly::D

Reaktionen: smf4ever

StrungOut84

9 Jan. 2016
Gander, Canada
Well there is already an international forum meet that has been happening, why having another kinda meet when there's already one ? :p

*Unless forum meets isn't a thing anymore*

Edit : NVM I misread the part it was to find people on monday-tuesday. Still there's the forum meet usually and you can find drinking buddies.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

smf4ever

12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
Here is what my current Battle Vest looks like.. so if see me.. always ready to say hey. :)
QKvh4NY.jpg

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

smf4ever

12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
I will keep people posted..but we are in the trapped mess of peeneberg station at the moment...well..the last 4ish hours...so no ETA to the holy ground yet

Nergal1444

16 Sep. 2016
At least you are getting near there - I will to wait till after work on Wednesday before I can get to the holy ground... But the trip is quite a bit shorter for me than you.

smf4ever

12 Aug. 2016
Washington DC, USA
Lol, we have arrived. For tomorrow as tonight we're still taking care of stuff, a place we're going to hang out is near the Motorhead statue or the Coca-Cola umbrellas next to the Rainbow Bar and Grill