Sydney Wacken attendees?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

chewy

15 März 2008
OOOGH!!!

I'm looking for some aussie metal heads that I can possibly tag along with at this years Wacken. I'm sure if there are any here that we would have crossed paths at some gigs in Sydney.

However, I guess Aussies from anywhere would also fit the bill. I'm travelling alone and would totally appreciate it if I could get some help from fellow Aussies that are making the trek!

Just thinking meeting up prior to the event and then travelling there with, and sharing a campsite with etc.

Any help would be much appreciated!

My rough plan is to fly into Germany on the 28th. I'm yet to book my tickets and what not though as I basically got my ticket (just days ago!) and then figured I'd have to organise everything else!

After Wacken I'm thinking about heading to Berlin to check out some of the scene and scenery (I hear it has some bloody great metal pubs), and then I'm off to Chernobyl after that.

If anyone thinks they could use an extra metal head with their crew, please let me know! And of course if anyone else is in a similar position to me (ie, travelling alone), we could always set up our on camp/crew. I also wouldn't say no to anyone that likes the sound of checking out chernobyl with me.

Also, anyone that can give me any pointers, big or small, on the whole dealio, they'd be much appreciated! (gone before? whered you fly into, how'd you travel to Wacken etc)

Cheers!

chewy

15 März 2008
I'm confused by that post but OK!

Guessing you're heading to Wacken this year again?

Need the company of a heavy metal wookiee? lol

Also, if anyone can actually accommodate me or at least help me out a bit, I'm hitting up Metalstock this weekend. Would be great to share a beer and ear some stuff about Wacken if anyone is also going to metalstock?!

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
now you've got me confused!! Yep I'm at Metalstock ok but might not be there until later if my builder bothers to show up!!

We SO need to catch up!!!!

There's a big group heading to Wacken this year including Theo and Lilley(if he can get a ticket)

chewy

15 März 2008
Hmm, just looked at your myspace, quite sure I've seen you at a few gigs!
How many aussies join up together and camp? Would be rad if i could get in on that.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
OK confusion is over – you’re obviously not the Chewy on my top friends who is actually in Germany right now with Mortal Sin?!?! hahaha
Oh boy, WAY too many wookies in Sydney!
I was wondering what the hell he would be doing going to Chernobyl alone!
I have an yahoo group for Australians going to Wacken – it’s a great place to meet fellow aussies before going and get tips.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wacken_or_bust/
Also the Aussie assault thread on this forum in another place us Aussies chat.

chewy

15 März 2008
well i didn't see you at metalstock last night so hopefully today I bump into you. haha

chewy

15 März 2008
Come along, yesterday was buckets of awesome. My neck is stiff and my voice is horse but damn it I had fun. So much broodle out in the bar area too. Hilarious times.

I should be there on time today I think. Was late yesterday but apparently I didn't miss too much.

Brat

26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
:D thanks gnoffy!
unfortunately not in a good way...
I'm still sick and finally was able to see a doctor today for antibiotics

I'm sorry I missed you chewy! Really bad too coz I missed my friends from Perth :(