Summer Breeze

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

xpet

W:O:A Metalhead
25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
@ HomersBart
that was "as I die" and exactly that was the moment when I went away. Couldn´t stand such an embarrassing show any longer :( So now I try to forget about that gig ;)

and as for Nightwish, I´ve seen them too. Have to admit that I like them. But, this was maybe the 5th time I had seen them and as I don´t like the new album too much and this EP before neither, on my opinion they were way better some time ago. Even last year at Wacken, and much better the time I had seen them before. But it was a good gig and their new bassist is funny :)

HomersBart

24 Jan. 2002
Hessen
Website besuchen
@ xpet
Yep: Concerning Nightwish you are right!
Their best shows in my opinion were in 1999 when they supported Rage! I also prefer their first album Oceanborn..

I was rather disappointed by Tiamat! I love their albums Wildhoney and Clouds, but even short before the end of their gig (I left cause I was bored) they still had only played two old songs: The ar and another one :eek:

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
well, for an unknown reason Tiamat can do every shit and I´ll still love them :D ;) But not without reason I was growling "SLEEPING BEAUTY" for two more days! At least they played Gaia as very last song... :rolleyes:

btw, isn´t Angels fall first Nightwish´s 1st album and Oveanborn the 2nd?

HomersBart

24 Jan. 2002
Hessen
Website besuchen
Uups, of course, Oceanborn is definitely not their first album!

Didn´t Mr. Edlund live for a while in your beautiful (but "trashy"- Before Wacken I´ve been two days in Altona) Hometown Hamburg, did he?

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
Mr Edlund is still living in Hamburg, but I have never seen him *slaps herself with his cowboy hat* :( :(
But monochrom told me he is at the Headbangers Ballroom now and then... guess I have to go there more often :D
Ddin´t you like Altona? I think its cool there!

sisterofnight

11 Juli 2002
Derby, UK
http
Originally posted by xpet
Guess I told my opinion ´bout the SB already in the "Guys from abroad..." thread - but you are right in everything you are saying. Did you check my SB pixx?

Ah-Thanks for that Xpet, I didn't realise, I value your opinion! I'm having a gander at your pix now, cheers!

Fallen_Knight

W:O:A Metalmaster
22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
What I know.. Nightwish has never been to Sweden :((
so if I could I would really like tosee them for the fifth time..
unfortunately I am looking for my first time.. well well...

If I had money and time this year,, I would have gone to W:O:A (Well I was there), SB, WGT and M'era Luna.

But that is me then..

^witchfinder^

you Germans are so lucky when it comes to tours and festivals
*jealous* here in the U.K if we get one show in London by most bands we are lucky
but saying that i have seen some good bands at Rio's in Bradford http://www.bradfordrio.com/ so it is not all bad here :)
the festivals we have suck compared to Germany
who has been to Mera Luna ? i know its a gothic fest before anyone says anything hehe i like some gothic metal ...just not that electronic goth s**t

Blackwizard69

22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
@ Xpet:

I stopped following Tiamat after A Different Kind of Slumber (it wasn't bad, but I guess I never really got into it). The truth is my favorite - by far - is Clouds, but I liked the one after that (can't remember the name...) as well (even if it was very different). What's the new stuff like?

HomersBart

24 Jan. 2002
Hessen
Website besuchen
Hey Rosk! Nice to read you!
Cheers to the Mexican-Mezcal-Metalhead :)

@ xpet:
Altona was great, had two nice days in Hamburg! Saw two movies at a biiiig screen at Hamburg Market place! The only sad thing was that Headbanger´s had already closed, when we arrived there at 2.30!

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
@Blackwizard
the new stuff is similar to A deeper kind..., just what I call "ambient metal" :D
very soft and goth, but still ear catching! I like it, somehow. But the old stuff is my fave... The album after Clouds is Wildhoney btw :)

Blackwizard69

22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
@ Xpet:

Exactly, Wildhoney! I said Clouds is my favorite (I even like the earlier, more death metal-oriented stuff like Sumerian Cry and Astral Sleep), but Wildhoney was an excellent album and most of all was extremely original and full of atmosphere. I saw them live back in 1993 (with Unleashed) and still remember that as one of the best shows I've ever been to: Clouds was just out, so they played the whole record plus a couple of oldies. Maybe I should check out Judas Christ...

xpet

25 Jan. 2002
Hamburg
well, check out Judas Christ, but don´t expect anything too great... I still have it here on my hard disc, so if I knew how I could send it to you!
Yeah, Wildhoney and Clouds are my faves, Astral Sleep is cool, too... and yes, I remember the show in 1995 at Roskilde festival (3pm, sunshine, /me was drunk, stoned and in love :D hehe) as one of the best shows I´ve ever been to... :) *memories of times when they did play Sleeeping Beauty*

@HomersBart
oh yes, that open air cinema is cool! But the Headbangers is pretty empty often, specially during the week, so I´m not surprised that is was cloesd...