Soulfly - Should they really be at Wacken?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
18 Apr. 2006
Forgive this first post and forgive the fact that this may have already been brought up, albeit my knowledge of the German language isn't sufficient to understand much of the German part of the forum.

Onto the reason for this thread - what are people's views here on Soulfly being added to the playlist? They are clearly not a Metal band and the type of fans they attract are almost a polar opposite to the kind of people who go to Wacken. From the tone of this post, I think my view is quite clear, heh. :D

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
Well they ARE a Metal band albeit not that good. Machine Head got a pretty good reception last year and I can imagine them being booked was partly due to that.

monochrom

W:O:A Metalmaster
15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
They are clearly a metal band (and I definitely hate all that nu metal = no metal crap by the true bollocks mafia), but they probably shouldn't play anyway because they aren't any good. At least the two times I saw them. Incredibly boring.

eyelicker

20 Feb. 2006
Ravensburg am Bodensee
Psycho Therapist schrieb:
Forgive this first post and forgive the fact that this may have already been brought up, albeit my knowledge of the German language isn't sufficient to understand much of the German part of the forum.

Onto the reason for this thread - what are people's views here on Soulfly being added to the playlist? They are clearly not a Metal band and the type of fans they attract are almost a polar opposite to the kind of people who go to Wacken. From the tone of this post, I think my view is quite clear, heh. :D

Right!

Damn, I just made pretty much the same post in the other forum. Anyhow, hell no they aren't a metal band, and hell no they shouldn't get to play Wacken. There are plenty of fests for garbage like that, they should just get on ozzfest or something and leave metal festivals alone. I don't care how much people hate to hear it, "nu-metal" = unmetal! I might actually take the time to go heckle them if there aren't any good bands on at the same time (not likely).

Shaguar

28 Juli 2005
Iceland
Psycho Therapist schrieb:

Well, yeah... they are a metal band. Their presence adds to variety of the festival, I'm glad. Wacken offers people the chance to see almost any type of metal. I've never really bothered myself being angry over what other people think is good music...

And there you have it, my view.

meeeiuw

well i think the problem is that soulfly aint inoventive they dont bring new stuff.all there songs have something from oww sepultura did dad.machine head did that oww megadeth did dad ow that band did that.but well soulfly aint bad its just when your are really bored you can listen to it but they dont bring something new to the metal scene and that is really sad because max and the band is really good but sad that they cant bring something "new"

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
Soulfly are a metal band - as opposed to, say, Despairs Ray (or whatever is the name of this J-rock band - which is also on the playlist for 2006). ;)

I fail to see what the problem is here: you don't like them --> skip them, see some other band, go to Metal market, or just hang around in the camp and drink beer. :)

Huldran

29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
meeeiuw schrieb:
there isnt a problem but the topic has en guestion and you could answer it for you self or not,instead of giving such answers as that you did
What's wrong with my answer? ;)
This "should XYZ really be on the playlist, they aren't metal / not true enough, etc." has been around for years - perhaps I should get used to it, but sometimes I do find it annoying, that's the only reason for my previous reply. :)
If you want the "answer-to-the-point" - i.e., what are my views - here it is: I don't care. Hope this clears it up a bit. ;)

meeeiuw

Huldran schrieb:
What's wrong with my answer? ;)
This "should XYZ really be on the playlist, they aren't metal / not true enough, etc." has been around for years - perhaps I should get used to it, but sometimes I do find it annoying, that's the only reason for my previous reply. :)
If you want the "answer-to-the-point" - i.e., what are my views - here it is: I don't care. Hope this clears it up a bit. ;)

alot you cleared my world:D :D