Some thoughts on German metal fans

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Suwarin

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Nov. 2001
(ehem.Ruhrpott) Düsseldorf
Originally posted by ShizzoKrause
First of all I wanna thank you guys for your nice words.
But then I have to say, that for me it's absolutely unimportant where somebody comes from. Either he/she is a great person or an asshole or sometimes something between :D:D
But I've recognised that in the "Metal-scene" most of all people are great, because Metal isn't just musik, Metal is a way of life. And this is one of the reasons that make Metal what it is - the great and friendly people. I met a lot of people from all over the globe at Wacken / Obscene Extreme / Roskilde Festival / Dynamo /and so on, but the Metallers nearest everytime were the greatest.

So I give this "Thanks to the German" back to all whom I met or whom I will met ever and to all who keeps this Metal-spirit alive.

Lets keep the Metal-scene friendly and let's grind this planet :D:D:D
*applaus*
Yes something like that is what intended to say...

..but unfortunately I didn't....(It was that damn %&*# Schizzo )*gg*

so I would like to thanx all the Metalheads who came to wacken and who made it so great .. without our "foreign" metal sisters and brothers it would only be half the fun...we thank you for coming around and making public that there are actually friendly germs..uuupps ..I meant Germans.....*ggg*
Please do come back next year I missed quite a lot of you... Rosk for example..and so on and so forth...
@s&L Thank you very much....and I'm looking forward to meet you again in Germany when you pick up your studies...

@schizzo *lol* Hell yeah find ich gut
Lets keep the Metal-scene friendly and let's grind this planet :D:D:D

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Just a thought on the subject as I'm a bit tired of working right now :)

Met a couple of Germans at Wacken that said they were not there for the music, they came there to drink beer and meet nice people :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Rosk

W:O:A Metalhead
30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
My two cents on this subject:

I had a very good time in Wacken, having the opportunity of seeing a lot of bands that won’t come near my country, not even for vacation :D. But I have to say, that the highlight of the festival was meeting people from all over the world (Germany, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Latvia….).

I fell in love with the atmosphere there and I hope this year was the first of many visits to Wacken. I have some pending issues like dinking with Lord Horb and meeting Suwarin… so I guess I do have to go back next year…… :D :D

Long Lives Wacken!!!

Pil

Originally posted by Supercharger
Same here pede. There's also much bubblegum pop and R&B here to go allong with dance and trance. It's fuckin' agony here!!

Though I don't know what boring sinkhole you're from, I tend to disagree. The Netherlands have quite a fine metal community going, but you'll have to find it first :) I'm from Groningen, which has a rather good metal scene (two metal pubs -one's about to die though-), some venues that occasionally have metal gigs and a load of local bands (and an organisation to have thoise bands actually play once in a while). Other than that, if you're not afraid of travelling a bit, there are quite good concerts in our little country. The metal community is not that big here (you tend to meet the same people at concerts all over the country, heck, I even met them at Wacken! :D) but it's big enough to stay alive :)

If you want a look for some metal gigs in the neighbourhood, go to www.lordsofmetal.nl , there's a concert and festival agenda there which has (almost) all gigs listend there (including all the small ones which keep the flame burning). :)

Good luck and I'll probably meet you some day ;)

As for getting drunk on the festival, well, the one good thing about not remembering much, is that you have a good excuse to go again next year :D

Other than that, I must say my Wacken experience (my first, I might add ;)) was simply fucking AWESOME!

And it was due to everyone there, and everything there :)

Just looking at that huge flaming cow head in the night, with metal gigs nearly non stop, really made me feel like I was in the promised land :)

Rant off ;)

NP: Iced Earth - The Funeral

Karsten

W:O:A Metalgod
Ha, thanks my dear metal freaks from all over the world. I also had lots of fun with you.
While drinking a few beers Lvsitanno, S &L and Evenfiel it was our brasilian friend who asked me three times within 15 minutes from which part of germany I´m from before falling asleep on a chair.
Cheer to you!!!

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Congrats to Evenfiel, he has become famous among every german-talking forumler! :D

@Suwarin: tried to find Ruhrpott in an atlas, but I didn't find it :( (just found Ruhr). But if the spanish government gives me the grant I might have enough money to travel a bit trough Germany, so maybe we'll meet once again.

@necrocunt: damn!! :D Is there any place in Germany where true german is spoken?? :D

Gorbak M.

21 Aug. 2002
Rovaniemi, Finnland
www.angelfire.com
german metalheads

very true!
this august as my first (but propably not the last) wacken, and i waas really surprised to see how well all different people managed to live in harmony, with no violence or blatant disagreements.
as a native finn, i have in recent years noticed that at most festivals here, one has to pay some (but not much, anyway) attention on one's company. like at most midsummer- and other big festivals and events there are lots of different folks, and with a traditional finnish drunken mentality fights and misc. violence can be expected.
still, there are exceptions. like tuska - open air metal festivals; no fighting, no violence. cause: coherent public - everyone's there for the heavy metal!
same worked well in wacken. points to the germans, norwegians and all other nationalities that were presented! even the swedes count.

nafets

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Juli 2002
Frankfurt a. M.
www.aldi.de
hi folks, thanx for your warm words!!

we german's are not used to hear compliments that belong to our nationality.

but i think in this case it's not only the german 'spirit'.

my first W:O:A was 2001 and i was very impressed by the peaceful mood of this huge event as i had it expected different.

But the point is, and somebody had mentioned it here before, that all people here want the same - metal. if you go to an event that is not focused to a specific audience you will have agressions cause people are/speak/think different.

that's the reason why these huge metal-festivals are working. luckily all other people are thinking metal-events are like entries to hell - if they would visit, it might be like this, cause they are not metal. but they stay where they are - and I hope they do so in the future...

let's beware this secrect and enjoy our festivals!

*opencan&cheers*

E

Engelshexe

Hey Guys!!

Many,many thanks for your nice words :D Hopefully the next Wacken Open Air will be great too!

Greetinx

@Shukri

Spot on dude i live in England and metallers always get shit (if your on your own).

at first i was really freaked out when on our first day @ wacken a complete stranger walked upto us and started talking to us cos we had an England flag. we honestly thought he was checking out if there was anything to nick. it's probly a sad fact of living in England that makes you think like that.

But sure enough he just wanted to chat :) after that we we got quite used to it :D

anyway in short GERMANY & GERMAN METAL FANS ROCK.

im going to Wacken 2003 just for the atmosphere never in my life have i felt so comfortable.

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
I agree with mr humanity! im from england too and have had 8 years of shit from fools who have a narrow mind! I was made very welcome at wacken by a lot of german guys who i was with! we partied much and they gave me lots of free beer! it was very cool! just like my friend above said says i have never felt so relaxed and comfortable ever! WOA 2003 here i come! :D:D:D:D:D

German metal fans do rock like fuck! i could wak around a corner without feeling threatened at all! :D:D:D

Carpathian_Wolf

21 Juli 2002
Leeds UK
www.power-metal.co.uk
Re: yeah, but ...

Originally posted by Shukri
Compare that to English or Danish (or South African) metalheads, who can get REALLY aggressive and nasty. I

Not all english metalheads are agressive and nasty you know ;)..i know we aint go a good rep but im sure all danish metal fans arent too :)

I just like getting drunk listening to metal and having a good laugh :D:D:D