Some stupid airline crap.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Shrapnel

22 Dez. 2008
San Diego, CA
So, I wanted to share with you the stupidness of the airlines..If you remember my plans were to get off the plane at Amsterdam and skip the flight to Hamburg, then train to Hamburg after a few days in the Dam...Sounds resonable right?...WRONG! Two days till takeoff and I called the airline and asked them about my plans, they replied by saying if we miss ANY of our flights then they would CANCEL our tickets home! I asked if we go to Hamburg with tickets in hand on time they would just leave us stranded in Germany, they said yes...So after all your guys help we wont even be going to Amsterdam...Loooks like we will more money now and have 3 days to get drunk and stoned in Germany befor Wacken...Oh Darn :)

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
So, I wanted to share with you the stupidness of the airlines..If you remember my plans were to get off the plane at Amsterdam and skip the flight to Hamburg, then train to Hamburg after a few days in the Dam...Sounds resonable right?...WRONG! Two days till takeoff and I called the airline and asked them about my plans, they replied by saying if we miss ANY of our flights then they would CANCEL our tickets home! I asked if we go to Hamburg with tickets in hand on time they would just leave us stranded in Germany, they said yes...So after all your guys help we wont even be going to Amsterdam...Loooks like we will more money now and have 3 days to get drunk and stoned in Germany befor Wacken...Oh Darn :)

What you have to do is carrying only cabin luggage, and just leave Amsterdam airport without telling your airline. It worked for me some years ago with a flight Madrid - Hannover via Amsterdam, with KLM. I stayed in Holland and some days later I got a train to Hannover, from where I took my flight back to Spain without problems.

Follow my advice at your own risk :p

Zombi

10 Jan. 2002
Edinburgh, Scotland
that doesn't sound reasonable at all. They check you in for both flights, and if you don't appear for the next one, you're basically going to delay the flight while they call your name over the sound system and fuck over all the other passengers.

also security reasons. (whatever they may be)

Drex

W:O:A Metalhead
that doesn't sound reasonable at all. They check you in for both flights, and if you don't appear for the next one, you're basically going to delay the flight while they call your name over the sound system and fuck over all the other passengers.

Not fully correct.

If you don't have the boarding card, no one will ever call you in the flight you are supposed to take. And if you have the boarding card, impressed at home (not in the airport), then, if you're not in the boarding gate at time, it's like you don't have a seat, or you don't attend the flight.

So what Shrapnel says, it's just that, stupidness of the airlines.

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain

also security reasons. (whatever they may be)

If your luggage is not checked in, then they don't give a fuck about you. They might wait for you a couple of minutes, out of courtesy, but nothing more.

Those security reasons you mention are when they count the suitcases in the luggage compartment and realize that there are more than expected. Than can mean a delay of about 20-30 minutes (it has happened to me)