So...who kicked ass in WOA 2002?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Evenfiel

W:O:A Metalhead
4 Mai 2002
Metalucifer - They offered nothing but nwobhm as its best. The guitar destruction perfect sealed the end of the gig! \m/
Do any of you know who were the guys playing with Gezol?

Dragonlord - I didnt expect them to sound so good live. The "Black Funeral" cover by you know who also kicked ass.

Pungent Stench - I usually get quickly bored of watching bands that I dont know, I didnt know Pungent Stench, but their gig was amazing. Their outfit was...ummm...comical. :D :D

Candlemass - I already expected a kickass gig, which was what they delivered to us, though they should have played at least one more song from Epicus Doomicus Metallicus.

Hollenthon - I didnt know what to expect from their gig but fortunately the band didnt disapointed me a bit. But who was that guitarist in the left side?

Nuclear Assault - Another amazing live band. Its a pity that Anthony Bramante wasnt looking a little bit more Metal. It looked like he was hanging out in the beach!

Sabbat - I didnt expect less from these japs. A furious black metal storm was set loose while these guys were playing! Gezol is one of the best frontmans I´ve ever seen.

Supercharger

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
My hall of fame

The following bands kicked some serious ass:

Savatage: Just an amazing show, everything went smood like all the solos and even the difficult vocal parts of "chance" and "Morphine child". The fact that Jeff Waters was a part of the band was a really nice surprise too, because he's one of my favourite guitarplayers. Too bad they didn't play my all time favourite Sava-song "Handfull of Rain".

Bruce Dickinson: He's Bruce, is there anything more to explain?

Evergrey: Despite numerous problems with their sound hardware (monitors and amplefiers didn't work) they played an amazing show. How more metal can you get? They're really friendly guys on stage too.

Borknagar: Their music is really difficult to perform live. They managed to pull it off live. The vocalist was the best part of it all. What an amazig guy.

Kreator: Really extreme agression.

Dying Fetus and Cannibal Corpse. Two kick ass deathmetalbands. I saw them performing several times and this time their gigs were great as ever. Too bad Cannibal Corpse wasn't allowed to play "Hammersmashed face". Goddamn German goverment..

Angra: Really impressive technique and a genuine good band with a nice Brazilian twist

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Ops..I forgot Cannibal Corpse. Indeed, they were killer. Even without being able to play songs from their first three albuns, Cannibal Corpse is Cannibal Corpse, that means death metal as its best!

Blackwizard69

22 Juli 2002
Roma
Website besuchen
@ Spercharger & Evenfiel:

I'm with you guys. The underweight of brutal bands was compensated by great reunion shows (Heathen & Nuclear Assault), but next year we want more death & black metal bands!

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Im lucky that I didnt hear any of those happy and melodic bands. :)

To tell you the truth, there were enough bands that i liked. I dont really want to watch gigs during the whole day. On Friday I watched about 5 hours of gigs and on Saturday, 6 hours, most of them being excelent. Eleven hours of gigs in two days is enough for me...

Supercharger

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
@black wizzard and Evenfiel

Thanks for the support dudes. Last year there were enough bands like Soilwork, The Haunted, Cryptopsy and some others to quench my thirst for extreme music. Some sugestions for next year:

-Testament
-Darkane
-Impious
-The Crown
-Strapping young lad
-Zimmershole
-Skinlab
-Pissing Razors

So what do you think about it dudes?

Evenfiel

4 Mai 2002
Re: Evenfiel- Omitted Candlemass song info

Originally posted by DJWill
"Under the Oak" WAS on the playlist..was cut for time restraints.
That is straight from Messiah and Lief.

That sux! :(

It didnt look like they played for one hour...

8 März 2002
Reykjavik, Iceland
Website besuchen
Really liked=

Borknagar
Withering surface
Children of Bodom
Destruction
Kreator
Onkel Tom
Falconer
Kalmah
Suidakra

liked=

Bruce Dickinsson
Amon amarth
Criminal
Mörk Gryning
Immortal
My dying bride
Cannibal corpse
Hypocrisy
Blind guardian
Dying fetus
Evergrey

Terrorgod

7 Aug. 2002
Sweden
Website besuchen
cannibal corpse kicked alot of ass, brutal in the pit to hard to stay alive there =) did anyone see the 11 year old guy who stood at the front ? he leaved after one song but it sure was a brave try.
Kreator was good to but i got wounded in the head =)
amon amarth was great! so was bruce as usual.

Blind guardion was awesome and the crowd was superb. bard song made my eyes wet !

FallOfSeraphs

20 Apr. 2002
UK
Website besuchen
Bands

Well, I got to see two of my favourite bands of all time, Cannibal Corpse and Children of Bodom, and both of them put on spectacular shows, I loved them. I also really enjoyed Destruction, Nuclear Assault, Hypocrisy and Green Carnation.

The biggest surprises for me were Domine and Criminal - I didn't know these bands before I came, but I loved them!

There were many many more great performances by some excellent bands who really deserve to be mentioned, but I can't be arsed typing out every one!!