SO it'll be my first Wacken, Tips?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Sonata90

27 Aug. 2007
Im not very fluent in German yet so im not sure where to look for hints and tips.

I've been to Download and Bloodstock in the Uk but never this far away.

As much as i'm looking forward to it, Im just wondering if there's any other British folks heading over there, and if they can give me any useful tips?

I've noticed how bad the mud can get, so its wellies and plenty of trousers for me xDD

Anything else other than the usual?

Im well looking forward it it though :D

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
And be prepared for both rain and hot weather. It can get fresh while raining but it can be hot like over 30 degrees C! (= ±86 degrees F) So rain coats and sun cream are indispensable. (But you can buy those over here as well)

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
What I was very happy to have brought with my my first WOA:

* Leather boots with steel caps that also protected against depe mud
* Toilet paper in a plastic bag
* Cap to protect agains sun as well as help in rain

What I made sure I always brought with me after my first WOA:

# Long sleeve shirts
# Sun block

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
And don't forget to bring your own beer. Beer is expensive (€3.00 for 0.4 l.).
Besides, if you bring your own, you can bring the beer you like.
If you buy it in Germany, don't forget that cans carry a deposit. You can bring them back on Sunday after Wacken in Wacken itself, or where you bought your beer (but not on Sunday!)

mental_mercury

W:O:A Metalmaster
18 Juni 2007
Marburg, Hessen
And don't forget to bring your own beer. Beer is expensive (€3.00 for 0.4 l.).
Besides, if you bring your own, you can bring the beer you like.
If you buy it in Germany, don't forget that cans carry a deposit. You can bring them back on Sunday after Wacken in Wacken itself, or where you bought your beer (but not on Sunday!)

For those of us who are coming from far away, how can you bring your own beer? Buy it in hamburg perhaps?

I will already be carrying a lot of luggage, dunno if i can manage to carry a bunch of beer as well :(

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
Yeah

I've brought liquor before, but it's too hard to carry and keep safe. The price at the Wacken market is ok, so it's better to get it there if you don't have a ride.