SLAYER at WACKEN ROCKS!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

tkdliron

27 Mai 2009
What the fuck is this shit.
this is my first wacken and i have come to listen to real metal not crappy shit like BFMV

i just hopped that slayer would play at wacken but then i saw it was just at wacken rocks
fucking crap i have never been so disanpointed

unknownone

W:O:A Metalhead
19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
You know most of us are not happy with this year's line-up
You know we complain the lack of the so called big bands (mainly Death, Black and Thrash)
You know Slayer is heavily requested for W.O.A.

Still, you come here and announce them for Wacken Rocks!! I'm sorry, is this a joke?!

This year's organization was AND is a fucking mess and you dare do this to us?! Oh well, if some of us were already disappointed I guess this will be the nail in the coffin...

Conscious Pilot

24 Mai 2008
North America
Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of these whingers who's spent the last six months pathetically bagging on every announcement the Wacken orgas have made and fair enough, Slayer physically cannot play Wacken as they're otherwise engaged but still. I believe that something cannot be focused on properly if there's a bunch of festivals being run concurrently. Just my opinion. WOA's s'posed to be the flagship festival so treat it as such

Once again Blackmocco, I am in complete agreement with you.

I am perfectly fine with the 2009 line up as it is. Would I have loved to see Katatonia, Edguy, Metallica, Slayer, Down, or another band added to this line up? Of course. Do I feel as though the 20th billing should have been as they sold it, The Best of the Best? Yes, but this is a very soild billing and I am so looking forward to this festival. I am just concerened about what is happening and I guess moreso what has NOT been happening these last 5-6 months and how it relates to the future of W:O:A

peter82

29 Apr. 2006
Pijnacker, NL
www.fromtheashes.nl
No way dude :(. A bigger headliner for Rocks than for the proper fest?? Ridiculous. Don't get me wrong: the line-up is still the best of all the Summer fests this year (imo), but it does lack extreme bands. And with so many people on the forum requesting bigger extreme acts, this kinda feels like a slap in the face :confused:.

I get the practical side of it all, but given the context, this is a tough pill to swallow. Like I said: to me, WOA will still be the #1 festival for 2009, but I can't help but fear we're on a downward slope :(.

jgxworker

12 Nov. 2008
The Netherlands
Hmm. Other festivals have better line-ups in my opinion. It almost seems that the whole Wacken Rocks thing has a better line-up than the festival itself.

I know that Wacken is more than just the bands but why have a Wacken Rocks which is actually better than the special edition of the Festival itself? The only reason I could think of is the tour dates of the bands. When a band plays in America it would be hard to fly to Germany for just one day.

The second thing that's annoying me is the time schedule. The good names are playing early and sometimes on small stages. I can imagine that it is hard to play in the evening when you need to leave early to be on time on other concerts. But why do they have to play on small stages? That just makes no sense.

Testament79

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Okt. 2008
Hessen´s Capitol
Amazing. Wacken Orga Hates Us All. :D
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Because Why????

Look at the Slayer Tourdates:
07/29/2009 Scranton PA USA TOYOTA PAVILION AT MONTAGE MOUNTAIN

07/31/2009 Cuyahoga Falls OH USA Blossom Music Center, Stadium

08/01/2009 Burgettstown PA USA POST GAZETTE PAVILLION

08/02/2009 Clarkston MI USA Dte Energy Music Theatre

08/04/2009 MANSFIELD MA USA COMCAST CENTER

It is not, the Orga´s fault, when Slayer has no time, to play on the Main Festival

unknownone

19 Nov. 2008
Portugal
It is not, the Orga´s fault, when Slayer has no time, to play on the Main Festival

Yes, it is!

First: they could have booked them long before they announced that tour;

Second: they booked BFMV. Guess what? They also play in that tour;

Third: If the Orga really wanted them, they would have come to a deal, just like BFMV. I'm pretty sure the band wouldn't mind rescheduling a few american dates around Wacken to other dates.

edit:

Tour announced January 27. If the Orga really cared about bringing them to Wacken they would initiate contacts in September. Guess what they did? From the 3 headliners of that tour, they contacted the shittiest: BFMV. They didn't even bother to bring at least one of the support acts...

They could even bring Slayer, Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse and the tour would stop for a few days, but they don't give a shit!

Zuletzt bearbeitet: