SLAYER at WACKEN ROCKS!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
Is this a fucking joke? Wacken Rocks?! No-one gives two shits about Wacken Rocks! WACKEN OPEN AIR!!! What the fuck is wrong with you people...?! LESS IS MORE!!! FOCUS ON ONE FESTIVAL!!!

Fabio

21 Nov. 2007
They aren't able to play at W:O:A 'cause theyre promoting their new album in the US at that time.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
They aren't able to play at W:O:A 'cause theyre promoting their new album in the US at that time.

Yeah good point. Didn't see that. They're in Ohio and Pennsylvania that weekend wasting their time with that dick Marilyn Manson and another band that should be at Wacken, Behemoth...

Conscious Pilot

W:O:A Metalhead
24 Mai 2008
North America
Is this a fucking joke? Wacken Rocks?! No-one gives two shits about Wacken Rocks! WACKEN OPEN AIR!!! What the fuck is wrong with you people...?! LESS IS MORE!!! FOCUS ON ONE FESTIVAL!!!

It seems they may have too many brands out – and they are basically competing with themselves. Prehaps they should just continue to focus on WOA proper. It's possible that’s why they pushed Rocks back and are now adding Slayer, etc. They are rationalizing their resources, booking a typical WOA line up for a sold-out-in-advance-of-a-single-band-announcement 20th "Celebration" and trying to bulk up the Rocks line up. That’s why Edguy will not be at WOA this year – they have them “exclusive” at Wacken Rocks and you might get a portion of the WOA attendees to buy that ticket too for Edguy and now Slayer.

Unfortunately, this has been my suspicion all along.

Yanos666

6 März 2009
Liverpool
slayer haven't made a good album in like what though 10-15 years? who cares about the new one, if they where playing a classic slayer set ie seasons in the abyss and earlier i'd be down the front for the whole thing, end of the day they've never been announced for wacken and so what if they play Wacken rocks its great promotion for the newer festivals they're doing, means they will sell more tickets and increase profit which means as an organisation they make more money which means that WOA will get better too as its currently at full capacity... so if you wanna go that bad buy wacken rocks tickets!

If not think about how its better for all of us in general for wacken in the long term.

Besides this years line is what they said it would be... classic!

Conscious Pilot

24 Mai 2008
North America
slayer haven't made a good album in like what though 10-15 years? who cares about the new one, if they where playing a classic slayer set ie seasons in the abyss and earlier i'd be down the front for the whole thing, end of the day they've never been announced for wacken and so what if they play Wacken rocks its great promotion for the newer festivals they're doing, means they will sell more tickets and increase profit which means as an organisation they make more money which means that WOA will get better too as its currently at full capacity... so if you wanna go that bad buy wacken rocks tickets!

If not think about how its better for all of us in general for wacken in the long term.

Oh, ok. :rolleyes:

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
slayer haven't made a good album in like what though 10-15 years? who cares about the new one

I would say God Hates Us All is a pretty immense album (even if it took some time to come to that conclusion), that I actually care about a new Slayer album (even if Christ Illusion was far from good...)and that if you spread everything good across numerous different festivals, you dilute all of them rather than concentrating on one and making it as potent as it can be.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of these whingers who's spent the last six months pathetically bagging on every announcement the Wacken orgas have made and fair enough, Slayer physically cannot play Wacken as they're otherwise engaged but still. I believe that something cannot be focused on properly if there's a bunch of festivals being run concurrently. Just my opinion. Fuck Wacken Rocks. WOA's s'posed to be the flagship festival so treat it as such. If there's a chance to get a big name, get it for WOA...