Slammin'

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Atticus

13 Dez. 2001
Manchester, UK
electrickery.fsnet.co.uk
Why was there so little moshing at Wacken last year?

OK so it got a little nuts down the front of bands like Napalm Death and Cryptopsy, but it seemed like everyone was shy or something. There wasn't even much headbanging for some bands - tough for a pit "whore" like myself.

Two theories present themselves:
- Every one in Germany is polite and nice and doesn't try and break his neighbour's face in the name of fun.
- Because it is a long festival people have to pace themselves. Moshing 10 times a day is very tiring and increases the chance of slipping in to a brain damaged coma.

Anyone want to shed some light? Was I rude do go crazy when no one around me was?

Suwarin

W:O:A Metalmaster
26 Nov. 2001
(ehem.Ruhrpott) Düsseldorf
Well I think it depends on HOW crazy you get...
If you're raging like a mad bull you might get some looks..
I think it is all about respect..If you see someone going down pick him up..don't bash his face in and keep to the "harder" parts of the body like shoulders and the likes and you'll be real fine...anyway it wasn't that bad was it?
Anyway I'm always that drunk that I rather take it a little easier..

Thordis V.

W:O:A Metalgod
25 Nov. 2001
Linz und Bern
www.myspace.com
If I bang a lot I always suffer from a concussion sooner or later. No one knows why but it seems that my head is very sensitive.
Moshing ... well I used to mosh when I was younger. But once, while Krisiun was playing, I was hit at the sola plexus (near the heart) and was unconscious of a while - that's why I avoid moshing now.

Atticus

13 Dez. 2001
Manchester, UK
electrickery.fsnet.co.uk
Haha
I don't go that crazy. I always feel proud of how much respect metal people show each other. After letting off a little steam bashing a load of strangers brains in a pit, everyone always grins/shakes hands/has a chat and a beer.
Picking people off the floor is part of that - We want more people in the world listening to metal, not fewer as a result of violent pit deaths!

Yes you have to be fit to pit. I could go for several sets in a row when I was a kid, but no more. It's still nice to let go once in a while though.

Sorry to hear from those who can't experience the "beauty" of the mosh pit for whatever reason... At least you get to see the gig!