Seriously...new bands

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Malefic

30 Jan. 2008
Unearth and Job For A Cowboy?

Is it April 1st? Am I on crack? Are the wacken organisers looking for bands on myspace?

I am absolutely gob-smacked, I was posting a few weeks ago saying I don't like the way the bands are going, lots of pose-core (I refuse to use the word metal when referring to such bands) and hoping I was just over-reacting, but this has pretty much confirmed my worst fears.

Just for the record I have never, ever, ever met a single person into metal who likes JFAC, if you look at their fans at shows it's all emos.

Anyone else confused by these new band announcements?

WhiskeyFist666

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Jan. 2008
Los Angeles
Unearth and Job For A Cowboy?

Is it April 1st? Am I on crack? Are the wacken organisers looking for bands on myspace?

I am absolutely gob-smacked, I was posting a few weeks ago saying I don't like the way the bands are going, lots of pose-core (I refuse to use the word metal when referring to such bands) and hoping I was just over-reacting, but this has pretty much confirmed my worst fears.

Just for the record I have never, ever, ever met a single person into metal who likes JFAC, if you look at their fans at shows it's all emos.

Anyone else confused by these new band announcements?

I agree. WTF... What's up with that? Wacken needs to book more brutal bands. Sodom, Celtic Frost, Venom, Iron Angel, Bethlehem, Testament, Megadeth... There's so many bands that would kickass!!!!

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
These two bands dont seem Wacken material but there is enough bands I think for real metal fans to enjoy. I am hoping for another Prog or Power metal band or two. Maybe Symphorce, Brainstorm,Testament,Epica,After Forever.Raintime,Circus Maximus. I could deal with a few of those added.

WhiskeyFist666

31 Jan. 2008
Los Angeles
These two bands dont seem Wacken material but there is enough bands I think for real metal fans to enjoy. I am hoping for another Prog or Power metal band or two. Maybe Symphorce, Brainstorm,Testament,Epica,After Forever.Raintime,Circus Maximus. I could deal with a few of those added.

Definately Testament. They're touring with Death Angel right now. If only Quorthon was still alive. Bathory would have kicked Ass!!!

Malefic

30 Jan. 2008

Being honest, I see more bands that I hate than bands I really want to see.

Soilwork, As I lay Dying, Hatebreed, Job For A Cowboy, Unearth, Girugamesh, Killswitch Engage and potentially Bullet For My Valentine as a headliner.

Does that really sound like Wacken line-up?

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England
Being honest, I see more bands that I hate than bands I really want to see.

Soilwork, As I lay Dying, Hatebreed, Job For A Cowboy, Unearth, Girugamesh, Killswitch Engage and potentially Bullet For My Valentine as a headliner.

Does that really sound like Wacken line-up?
No, no it doesnt, what are they doing :(

mental_mercury

W:O:A Metalmaster
18 Juni 2007
Marburg, Hessen

It seems Wacken is steadily getting trendier by the year...it won't stop me from going this year though. What's the point in adding these bands though? They are gonna sell a million tickets with out these bands anyways. They said (if i remember correctly) that Wacken was not going to get bigger. So what's the point?

lifesadream

14 Nov. 2007
Atlanta,GA
I am hoping Kamelot is the other headlining band. They are reported to be playing Wacken but Wacken has not confirmed them yet but I received a email from Kamelot that they were playing. This is my first Wacken and looking at this years lineup compared to others there are a lot of these emo metalcore or whatever they are called. But there are a lot of awesome bands that I cant wait to see. I wonder if Maiden and Avantasia just took a big chunk out of their band budget.

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
waaaa

If you're going to get your panties in a bunch about certain genres of metal, then Wacken isn't really a good place for you.

Malefic

30 Jan. 2008
If you're going to get your panties in a bunch about certain genres of metal, then Wacken isn't really a good place for you.

Whaaaaaattttt? I seriously don't believe I've just read that.

The point is a lot of festivals (Ozz-fest, Download etc.) are filled with trend bands, nu-metal, emo, pose-core , I go to wacken because I expect metal and for years wacken has been a metal festival.

Those non-metal bands should be the ones not going to Wacken.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Whaaaaaattttt? I seriously don't believe I've just read that.

The point is a lot of festivals (Ozz-fest, Download etc.) are filled with trend bands, nu-metal, emo, pose-core , I go to wacken because I expect metal and for years wacken has been a metal festival.

Those non-metal bands should be the ones not going to Wacken.

Look at the bright site of it!

It gives you more time to drink your own beer! Party at the camping etc.
What are you nagging about!!!

Dirty Harry schrieb:

Malefic

30 Jan. 2008
Look at the bright site of it!

It gives you more time to drink your own beer! Party at the camping etc.
What are you nagging about!!!

Because I would rather the billing be filled with Metal bands. First time I went I couldn't even even see all the bands I wanted because there were that many awesome bands, now I'm going to be avoiding the majority of the bands at the festival and wading through piles of trendy cunts with haircuts.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
last time at WOA I think I saw 4 bands.

Not because I was drunk, becusae it was more fun to spend the time on the camp grounds.

First time I was in with the first crowd to the festival area and out with the last.

Guess after a few years the company of others and the party gets more important than new bands.

At least for me ;)

Lady_Wolf

4 Juli 2006
A crazy men's Utopia
www.myspace.com
just go to a different festival. there are so many festivals in the summer, one of them must have a line up you like.

wacken will probably sell out again, so gettin rid of your tickets should not be a problem either :rolleyes: