Random queries

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

xforeverxmetalx

W:O:A Metalgod
29 Dez. 2007
Never heard of those debit cards.

I just used my own - Bank of America in the US is part of a global bank alliance where you can find a Deutsche Bank ATM and not be charged any ATM fees. Even if you don't have BoA (or can't find a Deutsche Bank ATM, like I couldn't), withdrawing cash really isn't a bad way to do it. Just get a huge chunk to save on ATM fees and you get the best exchange rates.

Though I guess if you plan on using your debit card for every transaction, it'd be worthwhile to get one with euros.

Sipyloidea

19 März 2007
I'll ask about the "public pool" when I get to Wacken. With my car as my tent, and the bus mentioned before, distance is not an issue. Greatly appreciate the info.
with the bus, maybe not. I myself actually like all the walking it's kinda part of the festival feeling. But I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to use your car later during the festival. You'd have to be pretty lucky to get a spot where you can actually pull out.
Hmmm, I'll have to think about that. Was this a recent Wacken? I'm a little bit worried about the rental car being damaged but I think it's likely no matter where I would park, if it's likely at all.

Thanks alot for the info. I'll be sure to check these out.
Yea, it was very recently. In my opinion people seem to get crazier with every year. One of the reasons I don't feel like going anymore. Not saying it won't be good for you of course. Everyone gotta make their own experiences plus you don't have the comparison ;)

Hope they'll have what you need

Norick

28 Juni 2011
Hawaii, USA
P.S. just incase you haven't been warned: 8 beers is 4L (or a gallon?) so you may not want 3 square meals per day anyway :p

8 beers is my average for slow drinking all day, or a good night out in a couple hours! :p Plus, beer always makes me have a major case of the munchies; especially the day after.

Thanks for all the info on the Travel card though. I'm guessing there are machines that have this card? Or do I need to find a location for them before I leave Munich?

Norick

28 Juni 2011
Hawaii, USA
Never heard of those debit cards.

I just used my own - Bank of America in the US is part of a global bank alliance where you can find a Deutsche Bank ATM and not be charged any ATM fees. Even if you don't have BoA (or can't find a Deutsche Bank ATM, like I couldn't), withdrawing cash really isn't a bad way to do it. Just get a huge chunk to save on ATM fees and you get the best exchange rates.

Though I guess if you plan on using your debit card for every transaction, it'd be worthwhile to get one with euros.

Sweetness. I might check out those debit cards just in case some places don't accept Mastercard or Visa; though coming from the states I still find that a bizarre concept. I'm spoiled with my plastic. :p

Norick

28 Juni 2011
Hawaii, USA
with the bus, maybe not. I myself actually like all the walking it's kinda part of the festival feeling. But I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to use your car later during the festival. You'd have to be pretty lucky to get a spot where you can actually pull out.

Ah, true that. I'm not against walking as long as I can get there and back before the shows start again after lunch.

Yea, it was very recently. In my opinion people seem to get crazier with every year. One of the reasons I don't feel like going anymore. Not saying it won't be good for you of course. Everyone gotta make their own experiences plus you don't have the comparison ;)

Hope they'll have what you need

I'll keep that in mind then. Thanks for all the info man.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Sweetness. I might check out those debit cards just in case some places don't accept Mastercard or Visa; though coming from the states I still find that a bizarre concept. I'm spoiled with my plastic. :p

We prefer paper or metal. (= real money)
But if we've got a lack of it, the ATM and a debit card will do miracles, unless you are out of €€€ of course.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007

Well I'm from the US too and I use my card for everything. :D But that's more for stores and such... at festivals in the middle of a field, you can't really expect them to have machines to charge credit cards usually. :p Even my local metal shows at an indoor place, I have to bring cash both for the ticket (at the door) and for merch and such.

Also (though I have no idea how those debit cards work), I'd just assume they were regular prepaid debit cards - in other words, they'd still be Mastercard or Visa. So I don't think getting one of those would be any use in debit vs cash. Just to save money on the transaction costs of converting to euros every time you buy something.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Well I'm from the US too and I use my card for everything. :D But that's more for stores and such... at festivals in the middle of a field, you can't really expect them to have machines to charge credit cards usually. :p Even my local metal shows at an indoor place, I have to bring cash both for the ticket (at the door) and for merch and such.

Also (though I have no idea how those debit cards work), I'd just assume they were regular prepaid debit cards - in other words, they'd still be Mastercard or Visa. So I don't think getting one of those would be any use in debit vs cash. Just to save money on the transaction costs of converting to euros every time you buy something.

Kris, a debit card is linked to your bank account. You get paid, you can spend that money. Either by a withdrawl from an ATM, or pay with it. There's no CC company involved here. Just your bank. (at least, that's how it works in Europe)

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
8 beers is my average for slow drinking all day, or a good night out in a couple hours! :p Plus, beer always makes me have a major case of the munchies; especially the day after.

Thanks for all the info on the Travel card though. I'm guessing there are machines that have this card? Or do I need to find a location for them before I leave Munich?

There may not be a shortage of randoms wanting to share their supply with you either don't forget. I'm pretty sure I only bought 1 beer (which cost me 3 euros tops) the whole time and I was fit shaced for almost the entire duration of the festival and missed nearly every band I came to see. It could also be because I'm a chick with no-one attached to me :p I know that's selfish, I'll make up for it next year.

Anyways, the cards I mentioned will function exactly like a bank/EFTPOS card and will work anywhere. Perhaps you won't need one, but it'd be well worth enquiring with Travelex and your travel agent.

xforeverxmetalx

29 Dez. 2007
Kris, a debit card is linked to your bank account. You get paid, you can spend that money. Either by a withdrawl from an ATM, or pay with it. There's no CC company involved here. Just your bank. (at least, that's how it works in Europe)

Um... I know. :confused: I think you misunderstood me.