Question for the Germans...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

konstrukt

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Dez. 2002
USA
Hey,
I'll be flying in and out of Berlin. I'll be arriving in Berlin a week or so before Wacken.

How long is a train ride from Berlin to Hamburg?

Where would I catch the train? Charlottenburg?

Where is a good website that has information in english? I can only find info in German.

Thanks.

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Well, I have just posted a link to this thread saying that someone needs their help, my german is not good enough to translate everything you've posted :)

OldOne

29 Juli 2002
Brunsbüttel
Hi Konstrukt,

first I don´t know a good website in english but let me have a look.....

Perhaps I could help you.

Give me your details about arriving in Berlin on airport and I will check the informations about train and so on.

Greets

OldOne

konstrukt

13 Dez. 2002
USA
I'll be arriving in Berlin about a week before Wacken. I'm going to stay in Berlin for a while and be a tourist, then go to Wacken.

I NEED to see the Pergamonmuseum, I studied so much about in college, that i HAVE to see the damn thing.

I was just interested, in case i did something really stupid and should have flown in straight to Hamburg.

Anyway, I'll be arriving in Berlin July 23rd.

S_dzha_Raidri

24 Nov. 2001
316xx
okay, let´s see what we got here...
it would take a little less than 3 hours to get from berlin zoologischer garten to hamburg. i can´t tell you anything about the price, but it´ll be veeeeeeeery expensive... :D try to find someone who drives from berlin to hamburg or wacken, would be cheaper i think...

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Originally posted by S_dzha_Raidri

it would take a little less than 3 hours to get from berlin zoologischer garten to hamburg.

I almost post the right time! :D:D

Yes, german trains are fucking expensive, as far as I know. Certain journeys are cheaper by plane (Cologne-Hamburg, for example)

konstrukt

13 Dez. 2002
USA
Ok... thats kind of expensive, but it won't break me...

Thanks for all your help!

One last thing, do i have to buy tickets in advance? Or when i get to the station? In the USA, travelling by trains is like airplanes, its best to buy in advance.

S_dzha_Raidri

24 Nov. 2001
316xx
Originally posted by konstrukt
more than 100 Euros? more than 200?

something around 100€ i think... BUT... see if you can book the trip as fast a possible when you are in germany. if you book 7 days before your journey, it´ll be 40% cheaper...