Question about EU laws - resale of tickets

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Barron Blod

5 Feb. 2009
Aalgaard, Norway
Hi!

I purchased 3 tickets to wacken 2009 for me and two friends that hope we will make it to the festival this year aswell. Sadly we're not quite sure if we can make it, and might have to sell the tickets.

In Norway there is a law against reselling tickets. It is not illegal to resell tickets as long as you don't make any profit of it. So my question is: Is there any kind of law in the EU or Germany that says you're not allowed to sell tickets with profit? (I've seen they go €160+ on ebay.de)

Hope someone can answer me on this! :)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hi!

I purchased 3 tickets to wacken 2009 for me and two friends that hope we will make it to the festival this year aswell. Sadly we're not quite sure if we can make it, and might have to sell the tickets.

In Norway there is a law against reselling tickets. It is not illegal to resell tickets as long as you don't make any profit of it. So my question is: Is there any kind of law in the EU or Germany that says you're not allowed to sell tickets with profit? (I've seen they go €160+ on ebay.de)

It is illegal to resell as well (but you can sell them to original price plus postage.)

There is a ticket exchange thread here.

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
Hi!

Well many many people sell them for lots of money. Last year tickets went out for 300 Euros or something. So you can do it but you should think of one thing: If you were in the situation that you still needed a ticket really badly, wouldn't you be really sad and disappointed that people want to rip you off like that for it? I'd say sell the tickets for the price that you bought it so you don't make any loss. But don't make profit out of it. That's not fair towards your metalbrothers...

Btw. it's so bad by now that people buy about 20 tickets just to sell them for profit in the end. That's really unfair towards anyone who really wanted to go to Wacken.

Barron Blod

5 Feb. 2009
Aalgaard, Norway
Thank you both for you're reply!

I must agree with what you say, It does suck that people buy 20 tickets just for the profit. Me and my friends were in the situation last year that we didn't get to buy tickets fast enough, and had to pay €180-190 each. :(

Hopefully we'll manage to get to Wacken this year aswell. This will be the 3rd year for us, and it would be a shame to miss the 20th Wacken!

Cheers!

VENO

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
I dont think it is illegal here if you sell it for the same price...
Best of lucks, hope you guys make it to wacken ;)