Q & A about Wacken Open Air

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
True, but 370$ is to much!
you can buy all this stuff by yourself and it will maybe be around 200€ in Hamburg or Wacken.

Yeah I tend to think so too. I bought an emergency tent at Bloodstock Open Air last year after my tent broke for 60 pounds (so maybe €70?). This year I couldn't find a chair that fit in my suitcase so I bought one in Wacken village for €9.99. I don't think it's entirely necessary to sleep on an inflatable bed at Wacken considering how amazingly soft the ground is, and I can't actually remember how much my sleeping bag and insulation mat came to, but not heaps. I was more than happy to carry all of my camping gear around with me through Europe, but obviously not everyone is.

raylouie

W:O:A Metalhead
13 Mai 2013
Colorado
True, but 370$ is to much!
you can buy all this stuff by yourself and it will maybe be around 200€ in Hamburg or Wacken.

Yeah I tend to think so too. I bought an emergency tent at Bloodstock Open Air last year after my tent broke for 60 pounds (so maybe €70?). This year I couldn't find a chair that fit in my suitcase so I bought one in Wacken village for €9.99. I don't think it's entirely necessary to sleep on an inflatable bed at Wacken considering how amazingly soft the ground is, and I can't actually remember how much my sleeping bag and insulation mat came to, but not heaps. I was more than happy to carry all of my camping gear around with me through Europe, but obviously not everyone is.

Just remember $370 includes a security deposit, I'm guessing the security deposit was was around $120. So it's about $250. Still expensive, but for someone us, I rather be comfortable and not deal more equipment than needed especially for me I'm going to other cities in Europe after the festival. And maybe I'm just a wimp.

Alix

W:O:A Metalmaster
12 Juli 2010
near Brisbane, Australia
Just remember $370 includes a security deposit, I'm guessing the security deposit was was around $120. So it's about $250. Still expensive, but for someone us, I rather be comfortable and not deal more equipment than needed especially for me I'm going to other cities in Europe after the festival. And maybe I'm just a wimp.

:D Each to their own. My luggage still didn't go over 20kg with all the camping gear in it, but I don't really buy very much stuff while I'm away; a few shirts and other such small things mostly.

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
So as this will be my first Wacken and I am travelling from the US. Are the rental tents like "ready to rock" and the other one the way to go? Or should I just buy a cheap tent in Hamburg and leave it behind?

We did the ready to rock and it was absolutely the best decision ever. Nothing better than arriving after a very long all night train ride and finding that you already had a tent,bed, furniture etc all set up and ready for you to just crash in. No bullshit set up, no tear down, no having to worry about someone stealing your stuff because there are people around all the time and they are very good about keeping their eyes open. It's quieter than the 'normal' sites (comparatively speaking because it is still fucking loud!) It is SUPER close to the stage so you can even listen to the shows without even going anywhere in case the weather is bad or you just want to hang out and party at your tent. Its close to the main entry so you have less of a chance to get lost trying to find your spot. Totally worth every $$ imho.

raylouie

13 Mai 2013
Colorado
Thanks so much for all the advice regarding your previous ready to rock rental tent experiences. Has anyone tried the other rental company?

http://www.mein-zelt-ist-bestellt.com

They seem to be far more reasonable in price and have packages including tents, chairs, tarps, etc. That and there deposit prices are lower too.

Totally agreed, they are definitely cheaper. I hadn't even consider another tent rental company. Not sure what to tell you. The only pro I can think of for Ready to Rock is their tent location at the Wacken campgrounds, the village and to the bus. Not sure where mein-zelt-ist-bestellt have their tent setup at Wacken. For a first timer this past summer I really like the Ready to Rock tent location. Hope this helps.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Any word on where this group is located at the site??

http://www.mein-zelt-ist-bestellt.com

According to www.mein-zelt-steht-schon.de you'd be in the no parking camping area. (A?)
See below:

www.mein-zelt-steht-schon.de schrieb:
ACHTUNG: Anders als beim “normalen” Zeltplatz besteht in unserem Camp aus organisatorischen Gründen nicht die Möglichkeit, direkt mit dem Auto neben dem Zelt zu parken. Aber es wird einen direkt benachbarten Parkplatz für all unsere Mieter geben, sodass Ihr sehr kurze Wege zu den Zelten habt. Gleiches gilt für die Entfernung zwischen mzss*-Camp und Bühnen – nur kurze Wege!!!

This apparently seems to be a partner of this other site.

*)MZSS = Mein Zelt Steht Schon

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Galad

4 Nov. 2013
Hi,

so, I realised a few days ago that this year I'd actually have the funds to go to Germany, and attend Wacken. Little did I know though, that the tickets had sold out in a mere 48 hours (*insert jaw drop here*). The tickets' page (http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2014/main-tickets-shop/tickets/) mentioned possible options, but none of them were very well defined as to 'when'. Are we, who had no idea Wacken is THIS sought after, supposed to keep checking daily until we get lucky, or something?