Policy for band selection at Wacken Festival

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
G

I would like to comment on the band selection process used to select bands to play at the Wacken festival.

I know that these comments will cause some interesting debate and people may disagree with my opinions but I would be grateful if you could take into account what proposls I have to make.

It has came to my attention that a lot of the bands playing at Wacken have played many times before. I would like to see some type of measures taken so that if a band plays for example at Wacken 2002 they would not play the festival for another three years.

This would give more bands the chance to play at Wacken, and would also mean bands playing again one or two years after are not playing near identical sets as the last time they played.

It should also be a policy that bands have new material released in between their appearances at Wacken. Nobody wants to see a band play a set almost identical to their previous appearance.

It is also worth mentioning that with the great number of big metal acts that have not played Wacken (Dream Theatre, Anthrax, Megadeth, Judas Priest, Halford etc) that bands headlining the festival should not headline for another five years.

This would give the chance for bands who have not previously played / headlined the festival to headline.

Here are my ideas

- no bands shall play twice in three years
- no headlineres shall headline twice in five years
- 50% of bands playing should not have played before

I hope others can add to the debate, and let the organisers know what they think. I know that there will be positive and negative responses to my message, bet that will show whether my idea is worthwhile for the organisers to look at to some degree.

Best regards,

Lee

G

good idea!
what about some suggestions about bands that should play next year..

G

Bands that should play next year

Apart from bands that are rumoured to be considered by the Wacken Organisers (Manowar, Blind Guardian, Six Feet Under, Cannibal Corpse, My Dying Bride, Hypocrisy, Immortal, Children Of Bodom, Razor, Destruction, Kreator, Whiplash, Anvil, Borknagar, Old Mans Child, Avantasia, Susperia, Iced Earth, Amon Amarth, God Dethroned) I would like to see the following bands play Wacken:-

Power/Traditional/Progressive Metal:-

Dream Theatre
Symphony X
Shadow Gallery
Athena
Edguy
Skylark
Demons & Wizards
Dio
Iron Saviour
Luca Turilli
Dragonheart
Insania

Gothic Doom

Theatre Of Tradgedy
To/Die/For
Anathema
Sins Of Thy Beloved
Tristantia

Black/Viking Metal

Aeternus
Carpathian Forest
Einherjer
Thyrfing
Gorgoroth
Menhir
Nargaroth
Mutiilation
Satyricon
Decayed
Impiety
Enslaved
Anteus
Countess

What bands would others like to see?

G

Re: Bands that should play next year

Bands that should play at WOA 2002:
The Crown <--- They must play the next fucking year! they rule!
Dismember
Mayhem
Meshuggah
Thyrfing
Vomitory
Einherjer
Ominous
The Forsaken
Entombed
Murder Squad
Troll
Satyricon
Spiritual Beggars
Necrophobic
Rhapsody/Luca Turilli
Pantera

G

Re: Bands that should play next year

good idea???!! The Heavy Metal Family has not so much Headliners/Bands that we all can wait these times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!