PETITION

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
re

Come on guys, we need the organisers to take our concerns seriously.
I want atleast 1,000 legitimate signatures before forwarding it onto the relevant parties.

I understand not everybody that goes to Wacken is aware of this petition but surely more than 336 of the 20,000+ registered forum users aren't happy with the direction Wacken is going in!

Cheers!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
I want atleast 1,000 legitimate signatures before forwarding it onto the relevant parties.

I understand not everybody that goes to Wacken is aware of this petition but surely more than 336 of the 20,000+ registered forum users aren't happy with the direction Wacken is going in!

Cheers!

Forget it!

Bookings are set, contracts are signed. And you think a "few" signatures will really make a difference?

If you do, then you're really naive!

I URGE THEREFORE NOT TO SIGN THIS PETITION! IT IS COMPLETELY USELESS AND DOES NOT SERVE A REAL GOAL!!!!

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com

Cheers!

That's ridiculous, buddy... :)

re

A) I don't expect the petition to move heaven and earth but it's better than nothing.

B) There've been hundreds of post bitching about Avenged Sevenfold and certain other bands being added, so a petition seems logical.

C) Bullet for my Valentine were cancelled when subject to similar uproar last season.

If you can't see the relevance of the petition, then enjoy Wacken in 5 years time when it is the world's greatest metalcore festival.

;)

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
C) Bullet for my Valentine were cancelled when subject to similar uproar last season.

As much as I'd like to believe that BFMV cancelled because of the shitstorm kicked up by moaning motherfuckers such as myself, I don't buy it. I believe that they cancelled other shows at the time too. Matt Tuck probably really did have an operation to make his throat sound less gay.

Realistically, this petition will do nothing, nor will any petition. The only way to affect the bookings of this festival is financially - i.e. by boycotting it. Of course this is also pointless, since Wacken is now the metal tourist's festival of choice, so for every metaller who doesn't go, there is a kid who's been dying to see Killswitch Engage.

StentoriaN, I appreciate your heart, but the fact is that the festival is beyond saving now. There are other good European festivals which could do with the support instead. Believe it or not, some of them still hold true to the idea that it is not acceptable to book children's bands at a metal festival.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
As much as I'd like to believe that BFMV cancelled because of the shitstorm kicked up by moaning motherfuckers such as myself, I don't buy it. I believe that they cancelled other shows at the time too. Matt Tuck probably really did have an operation to make his throat sound less gay.

Realistically, this petition will do nothing, nor will any petition. The only way to affect the bookings of this festival is financially - i.e. by boycotting it. Of course this is also pointless, since Wacken is now the metal tourist's festival of choice, so for every metaller who doesn't go, there is a kid who's been dying to see Killswitch Engage.

StentoriaN, I appreciate your heart, but the fact is that the festival is beyond saving now. There are other good European festivals which could do with the support instead. Believe it or not, some of them still hold true to the idea that it is not acceptable to book children's bands at a metal festival.

²

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
A) I don't expect the petition to move heaven and earth but it's better than nothing.
There is a survey EVERY YEAR!!! (See the booklet, or the official website)
B) There've been hundreds of post bitching about Avenged Sevenfold and certain other bands being added, so a petition seems logical.
Only money is logical. What'd you think. That the band will leave it that way if they were to be cancelled, just some people don't like them? No my friend, the contract will most definitely stipulate penalties for that, in order of hundereds of thousends/millions of €'s! And no one is willing to pay penalties. The band, nor Wacken.
Besides, it is not that a bunch (read: small minority) of guys scream hard that their opinion will be acted upon. The rooster that screams the loudest, is the first rooster to end up in the soup.
If you can't see the relevance of the petition, then enjoy Wacken in 5 years time when it is the world's greatest metalcore festival.

;)

I might. But then again I mightn't. As this will already be my 11th (I had 10 already) I know a bit more than you do I guess. And do you hear me complaining?

It's nice to start a petition, but be aware of its consequences. Does it have any effect on the orgas, does it have effect on the people?

You knew the answer already, even before you started this thread.

Do me a favour, ask this petition to be deleted, and fill in the survey once it is online after the festival. That is a thing you can do, together with all of your other signature holders of that petition. It might be more effective than you think.

And... if you (and your mates) don't like A7X, don't go see them. What's the problem? There are 69 - 79 other bands you can watch! Or are you planning to be there 24/24?

Zuletzt bearbeitet: