Parking in Wacken 2017

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

sam3k

26 Juli 2007
New York
www.sam3k.com
Hi everyone, I am traveling with a group of 7 people from the U.S. to Wacken and plan to:
  • Rent a big van
  • Drive to the festival
  • Right after the festival; we will embark on an awesome Scandinavian road trip.
My question is: what things we should consider before heading to the festival with a vehicle? Things like:
  • Is there a size limit on vehicles? (We are renting a Ford Tourneo Transit van)
  • Traffic. We are planning on arriving on the festival on the 3rd.
  • Camping. We will be bringing our tents and plan to camp and BBQ. Hells yeah!
  • Mud. I went to Wacken on 2007 and remember seeing a car stuck in the mud. XD
  • Anything else?
Any information is greatly appreciate it. Hope to see you all at Wacken!!! \m/

Milkie

W:O:A Metalmaster
23 Juli 2013
Hellsinki, Finland
I don't know how accurately I can answer to all of these questions since I haven't been to Wacken with a car, but I'll try. :D

1. I'm pretty sure there is a size limit, I just can't remember what it was.
2. I don't think the traffic should be that bad, because a lot of people arrive on wednesday and now maybe even more before that because it's free of charge. Where are you driving from?
3. Keep in mind arriving on thursday you might have difficulties getting a space big enough for tents for 7, a van and bbq plus other stuff.
4. If you get stuck in mud, there are tractors that will pull you out. Hopefully due to all the construction there will be less mud.

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
There is a limit source
"That means:
We will not take any extra charges or ban more vehicles in 2017! But as in the last years, we can't allow vehicles with more than 3,5 tons or 11 meters length and all kinds of tractors."

Traffic shouldn't be to bad, might be some traffic jams around hamburg during rush hour though.

I don't think it will be difficult to get enough space. But you'llmost likely be on the back of the campgrounds, which is a 20(?) minute walk towards the festival area. and that will be more if there's large amounts of mud, which hopefully will be spared of this year :ugly:
And like milkie said, there are tractors to pull you out of the mud, they'll have you sign a waiver though

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hi everyone, I am traveling with a group of 7 people from the U.S. to Wacken and plan to:
  • Rent a big van
  • Drive to the festival
  • Right after the festival; we will embark on an awesome Scandinavian road trip.
My question is: what things we should consider before heading to the festival with a vehicle? Things like:
  • Is there a size limit on vehicles? (We are renting a Ford Tourneo Transit van)
  • Traffic. We are planning on arriving on the festival on the 3rd.
  • Camping. We will be bringing our tents and plan to camp and BBQ. Hells yeah!
  • Mud. I went to Wacken on 2007 and remember seeing a car stuck in the mud. XD
  • Anything else?
Any information is greatly appreciate it. Hope to see you all at Wacken!!! \m/
Remember, STICK is the standard here. If you're not used of driving with a stick, you will have to ask SPECIFICALLY for an automatic! But these are less common!
And all is indicated in KPH, not MPH! (kilometers, not miles) Keep that in mind.

sam3k

26 Juli 2007
New York
www.sam3k.com
I don't know how accurately I can answer to all of these questions since I haven't been to Wacken with a car, but I'll try. :D

1. I'm pretty sure there is a size limit, I just can't remember what it was.
2. I don't think the traffic should be that bad, because a lot of people arrive on wednesday and now maybe even more before that because it's free of charge. Where are you driving from?
3. Keep in mind arriving on thursday you might have difficulties getting a space big enough for tents for 7, a van and bbq plus other stuff.
4. If you get stuck in mud, there are tractors that will pull you out. Hopefully due to all the construction there will be less mud.

We are driving from Hamburg. Yeah, it seems like arriving on Wednesday is the safest bet. Good to know all this. Thank you!

sam3k

26 Juli 2007
New York
www.sam3k.com
There is a limit source
"That means:
We will not take any extra charges or ban more vehicles in 2017! But as in the last years, we can't allow vehicles with more than 3,5 tons or 11 meters length and all kinds of tractors."

Traffic shouldn't be to bad, might be some traffic jams around hamburg during rush hour though.

I don't think it will be difficult to get enough space. But you'llmost likely be on the back of the campgrounds, which is a 20(?) minute walk towards the festival area. and that will be more if there's large amounts of mud, which hopefully will be spared of this year :ugly:
And like milkie said, there are tractors to pull you out of the mud, they'll have you sign a waiver though

This is helpful. Hmm, I seriously doubt that large van falls into the 3.5tons or 11 meter length limit. Will double check. Thanks for this info; very helpful!

sam3k

26 Juli 2007
New York
www.sam3k.com
Remember, STICK is the standard here. If you're not used of driving with a stick, you will have to ask SPECIFICALLY for an automatic! But these are less common!
And all is indicated in KPH, not MPH! (kilometers, not miles) Keep that in mind.

Yeah, we figured that would be the case. Four of us drive manual vehicles so we got that cover! Thanks for letting us know, cheers!