Parking / Camping Questions!

Dieses Thema im Forum "Fragen zum Festival / Questions about the fest" wurde erstellt von CrazyLevi, 15. Dezember 2017.

1. CrazyLevi

CrazyLevi Newbie

Greetings from New York City, USA! Attending our first Wacken this summer after many tours of duty at Graspop. i have a couple questions about camping and parking:

I see that camping and parking are the same place - you can drive to your campsite and set up around your vehicle. Does the auto have to stay in the same spot for the whole festival? Or can you easily move the car and return during?

Also, how does one claim a camping spot? Are they assigned? Is it first come, first serve? Thanks!!

2. Hanebber

Hanebber W:O:A Metalhead

Greetings from Germany.

It's right you drive to your campsite and set up around your vehicle.
    The auto have not to stay in the same spot for the whole festival - but to avoid trouble it's better not to move it.
    It's not only other campers who don't like traffic around their camp, you are camping on a farm yard. Also it's not necessary, all you need you can reach by foot.

The camping areas are assigned not a claim. The fill up the array depending on the weather and the traffic. It is first come, first serve, but none can tell you where your claim will be.

3. Quark

Quark W:O:A Forumsstammgast

And why would you need your car in Wacken? Everything (well, almost everything) is doable on walking distance! The village of Wacken itself is between 10-30 min. walk, depending where you are. But then Gribbohm might be closer. So..

4. Hevileksi

Hevileksi Newbie

A question as a first timer: If I find some accommodation from some of the nearby villages, let's say within 20km or so, how feasible is it to travel back and forth daily? Are there regular busses, can you hitchhike or something else? From and to Itzehoe for example.

5. Quark

If you find something in Itzehoe, you won't have much trouble finding a shuttle, or the bus line 14. For other places? I don't know.

6. Cuthalu

Cuthalu Newbie

So if I want to get a camping spot somewhat close to the festival area, when do you suppose I should arrive to camping? Late wednesday? Early wednesday?

7. Wacken-Jasper

Wacken-Jasper Administrator Mitarbeiter

Most people are arriving on Monday and Tuesday. So if you want to be close to the stages, you shouldn't arrive later than tuesday noon.

Cuthalu gefällt das.
  8. Cuthalu

Cuthalu Newbie

Is it possible to arrive with a car on tuesday, set up tents, and then leave with the car and come back the next day?

9. Wacken-Jasper

Wacken-Jasper Administrator Mitarbeiter

Yes and no. You can try to leave the area, but when 10.000 cars want to enter the area and one wants to leave it... well, it will be a long wait for you. And no one can guarantee you, that your parking spot will be still free, when you return the next day.

So... you could, but you shouldn't.

Cuthalu gefällt das.
  10. Quark

And if you should, consider public transportation! There are shuttles going to Itzehoe station, from there you can go anywhere by either train or bus.

Cuthalu gefällt das.

Diese Seite empfehlen