Ok, this is officially the worst line-up ever

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Astrum

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
We are group of approximately 50 people, huge Wacken fans. I'm personally a Wacken resident since 2002. But this year something happened to the organization of the fest. It's freaking 20th anniversary and yet I see almost no major acts, very few interesting bands!
It's like "we already sold out, so we can bring any crappy bands we want - they'll buy it" attitude. People are already willing to sell their Wacken tickets on the web in order to go to another festivals: Metal camp, Summer breeze, Hellfest. What is wrong with you, people? Are you trying intentionally to get rid of the fans and kill this legend called Wacken?
Think fast because you have bunch of pissed off customers over here.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
We are group of approximately 50 people, huge Wacken fans. I'm personally a Wacken resident since 2002. But this year something happened to the organization of the fest. It's freaking 20th anniversary and yet I see almost no major acts, very few interesting bands!
It's like "we already sold out, so we can bring any crappy bands we want - they'll buy it" attitude. People are already willing to sell their Wacken tickets on the web in order to go to another festivals: Metal camp, Summer breeze, Hellfest. What is wrong with you, people? Are you trying intentionally to get rid of the fans and kill this legend called Wacken?
Think fast because you have bunch of pissed off customers over here.

You can stay home, and save you the money.
That way Wacken will at least do one GOOD thing to you.

riotstarter

12 Feb. 2009
yo, listen up dude
most of us come from other countries
some even from different continents to enjoy this festival
sure only the camping is awesome already
and there are some good bands there...

but for a ticket raise of 30 euro's since last year, they better put on some major names most true wackeners like!
I mean, most of us are coming for years now and it's a shame to lose those people that had enough of wacken, coz they made the atmosphere happen these last years!

I mean come on, bands like BFMV? u want 16 year old emo kids coming to wacken?
That happened to graspop 2006 when they lined up avenged sevenfold and bullet for my valentine, the last year I ever went there!

same destruction is gonna happen with wacken if u keep this rate up!

Nomaed

9 Aug. 2005
Israel
www.brothers-of-beer.com
There are some nice bands, but if you look at the general scale, it really seems like a very weak line-up.
I am just hoping that since it's the 20-years anniversary, they are just waiting to announce like 4-5 major bands all together, to make it a huge surprise.
Of course, I'm very optimistic here, but if it won't happen this way, Wacken will be another one of those mediocre pop-metal festival in no time.

L

Lord Soth

Well... the problem is: the festival is already SOLD OUT, so even IF they would confirmed like, Britney Spears or whatsoever shitty stuff - the fans of those bands could not buy tickets anymore. Or at least, almost not.

To me, the billing also seems shittier than ever before. There are good bands, there are bad bands - as always. BUT - this year the overall level of quality, cult factor, attractiveness, heavyness and epic metal awesomeness is way lower than before.:rolleyes::(

What a lucky coincidence I won't get holidays in that time, but 1 week before, so I can go to Headbangers Open Air instead - with a fricken brilliant billing!:eek::cool::D:o

Still sad, though...................................:(

Rick

2 Sep. 2008
Sorry for my english, I know it's awfull...

I don't think that you have to worry that the festival became something like a pop-metal-happening. Just because of Bullet for my Valentine?? If you think this you are stupid.

What kind of metalfans you are if you don't see the quality most of the of the bands they allready confirmed?? Sure I'm also not a fan of each of them, but I know about the "rank" in the scene!

The only thing is, that they have to confirm more Trash/Death/Black-Bands. But in the Moment there are enough slots left... I hope they will do...

By the way, "major"-bands (Metallica for example) don't belong to the Wacken Open Air!! If you don't like the billing than stay at home and maybe come back next year!

Nomaed

9 Aug. 2005
Israel
www.brothers-of-beer.com
Nobody claimed that the festival becomes pop because of shitty non-metal bands like BFMV ;) hehe

The claims of the people that there are less good major (not Metallica!) bands this year than in any other year in the last 8 years or so, and if it will continue like that, and more BFMV-like bands will be billed, less and less "true" metalheads will come from year to year and more and more teenager-pop-metal-fans will be coming, and Wacken will not be Wacken anymore.

Rick

2 Sep. 2008
This NEVER will happen!!!!!

In this year it seems that there are more old school bands like in the years ago. Unfortunately (for me) there are too much "rock" and not "metal"-bands. But, I said already, there are enough slots left...

Eine

3 Dez. 2008
Well it's just sad..
I guess you can always enjoy Wacken, who cares how many iditos are there or even if there are lots of shitty bands.. there's always at least one good band ;)

But.. it is soo expensive! Doens't seem right to use the status they have and to push it that way.. After a while I was ready to pay the €130 and everything that comes with it but then it is sold out.. yeah great!
But now I know that I won't be able to go anyway..

I think they will lose the 'Wacken, good no matter what'-thingy.

I'll just go to Summerbreeze or whatever, cheaper, closer.. the only sad thing is, you don't run around an scream WACKEEN like hell ;)

And you should be scared of really big headliners. Then more of the people you are all scared of will buy the even more expensive tickets and the stage area will be soooooo crowded, hahaha

Hail & Grill

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Aug. 2008
Metallien/Provinz Power
It´s nice to see that fans from other countries are pissed off, too. This shows that it´s not the german grumping-attitude to think that the line-up is shit, compared to the fact that the price was significantly raised AND it is the 20th anniversary.

riotstarter

12 Feb. 2009
It´s nice to see that fans from other countries are pissed off, too. This shows that it´s not the german grumping-attitude to think that the line-up is shit, compared to the fact that the price was significantly raised AND it is the 20th anniversary.

it's also great to see the german theirselves aren't that happy with the line up!
all nations unite to demand more good bands :D

Astrum

9 Mai 2006
Ramat Gan, Israel
Sorry for my english, I know it's awfull...

I don't think that you have to worry that the festival became something like a pop-metal-happening. Just because of Bullet for my Valentine?? If you think this you are stupid.

What kind of metalfans you are if you don't see the quality most of the of the bands they allready confirmed?? Sure I'm also not a fan of each of them, but I know about the "rank" in the scene!

The only thing is, that they have to confirm more Trash/Death/Black-Bands. But in the Moment there are enough slots left... I hope they will do...

Dude, you got me totally wrong. I don't think one lousy cheese band like Blow Up my Cocklentain will ruin the fest. Actually I was talking about lack of good attractive acts. Check out previous years: Slayer, Hypocrisy, Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Immortal, Emperor - this is what I'm talking about. And this year the only big acts are Machine Head and Testament.