Nightwish in the US.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
I'd blame the aliens, konstrukt.

codo: Blind Guardian, Edguy, Angra, Gamma Ray, lots of others. The festival sold out before Wacken was over, so I didn't go. :( But I saw Blind Guardian last November :) We had a very small but enthusiastic crowd...packed into a tiny little old movie theater, hehe.

I think I may go to this fest this time. I may never have another chance to see Nightwish, if they don't play Wacken this year.

metal71

6 Dez. 2002
Las Vegas, USA
Website besuchen
I went to ProgPower 3.0

It kicked ass! Blind Guardian and Gamma Ray were both eagerly anticipated, and both put on a killer show. The surprise band for many was Edguy, who were by far the most exciting to watch, whether you liked their music or not. Devin Townsend was an odd fit for this bill, but I thought he ruled. Way heavier than most of the other bands, and a good break from too much of the same thing. Angra closed out the festival Saturday night and while they don't do much for me, most of the crowd was nuts for them. I kind of ignored some of the more prog bands on the bill like Zero Hour, Pain Of Salvation, Reading Zero, etc, so I couldn't report much there.

Overall, the show was awesome-- easily the best run festival I've ever been to. No cancellations, tight schedule, good venue, everything was just totally fan friendly, so much so that I reserved tickets again for this year before it was even announced who'd be playing.

This year's lineup doesn't quite have the big names we saw last year, but it does feature 6 bands making their US debut, including Nightwish, Rage, and Vanden Plas. Should be cool.

Anyone considering this show should check the website for ticket info. You'll want to be ready the day they go on sale since the last one sold out on the 6th day! Last year's show sold tickets in some 38 states of the US, and 18 total countries! This for a show that only holds about 1200 people. Awesome time.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Re: I went to ProgPower 3.0

Originally posted by metal71
Anyone considering this show should check the website for ticket info. You'll want to be ready the day they go on sale since the last one sold out on the 6th day! Last year's show sold tickets in some 38 states of the US, and 18 total countries! This for a show that only holds about 1200 people. Awesome time.

I really wanted to go to last year's fest, but tix sold out the day I got back to London from Wacken. I never thought they would sell out THAT fast, but I can't say I'm surprised. I'm definitely going to try and make this year's fest if possible.

@SheIsTheDark - they've played on this side of the Atlantic a bunch of times before! But...Canada and Mexico are a long way away for me. :(