New Jersey Metal Fest

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
I think since everyone here has been to the best heavy metal festival in the world (WACKEN, of course), everyone should go with us to the WORST metal fest in the world. :D

NJ Metalfest 2000...four stages, two in the same room, with only a curtain between them (I wasn't sure whether to watch Nocturnus or Virgin Steele...but that's okay, because I got to hear BOTH playing at the same time!)...Two headliners (Sepultura and Dimmu Borgir) didn't even show up...Sentenced, playing their first show in the US, were cut off after 2 1/2 songs...toilets didn't work, food was overpriced crap...most of the vendors left after the first day. What a mess!

I don't think I'll be going, though...I'll stay home and save my money for next Wacken, hehe.

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Warthog
I think since everyone here has been to the best heavy metal festival in the world (WACKEN, of course), everyone should go with us to the WORST metal fest in the world. :D

NJ Metalfest 2000...four stages, two in the same room, with only a curtain between them (I wasn't sure whether to watch Nocturnus or Virgin Steele...but that's okay, because I got to hear BOTH playing at the same time!)...Two headliners (Sepultura and Dimmu Borgir) didn't even show up...Sentenced, playing their first show in the US, were cut off after 2 1/2 songs...toilets didn't work, food was overpriced crap...most of the vendors left after the first day. What a mess!

I don't think I'll be going, though...I'll stay home and save my money for next Wacken, hehe.

Best is Obscene extreme!!:D,on Wacken few people pissed me off(men,as usually) and lots of the bands sucked ass (especially Metallium,fuck off and die) and zombies like Twisted shit.Fuck!

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by PsychicVeteran
Glad I didn't bother ;)

Did you get a refund?

I wish! I was too much of a wimp (then) to ask. I did get to see some good bands there, though, in the rooms that didn't have sound mixed together...Doro, Savage, Holocaust, Immortal (also their first US tour, I think), Testament, S.O.D., etc. Wasn't a total ripoff...and it was worth it to know exactly what Metal Maniacs was talking about when they ripped the whole festival a new asshole. :D

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Hammered_gods
Best is Obscene extreme!!:D,on Wacken few people pissed me off(men,as usually) and lots of the bands sucked ass (especially Metallium,fuck off and die) and zombies like Twisted shit.Fuck!

Ah, Twisted Sister ruled all. :p Go listen to some stoner fuck grunting about dipping his stick in a meat grinder. :D

SheisTheDark

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Juni 2002
Germany
Website besuchen
dont go to this festival is was and for ever will be an inconvience and waste of money. Save it for Wacken or some Fest that happens during the summer here.

I had gone to all of them until 2001....and it sucked!

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
Originally posted by SheisTheDark
dont go to this festival is was and for ever will be an inconvience and waste of money. Save it for Wacken or some Fest that happens during the summer here.

I had gone to all of them until 2001....and it sucked!

yo CAt....
is it a festival or just a big park with a few hi-fis???

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by dittohead
yo CAt....
is it a festival or just a big park with a few hi-fis???

Park?!? hahahahaha...that would be giving them too much credit...

The one and only year I went, it was in a fucking convention hall in the southwest corner of New Jersey ("The Armpit of America")...where all the industrial filth that spills out of Philadelphia festers in the cess and slime of New Jersey to create the most disgusting shithole abyss in the world. Not a nice place to live.

Well...gas is cheap in NJ, and that's the only nice thing I can say about it. :D

dittohead

4 Feb. 2003
being in new jersey..i understand :p:p:p

the simpsons, family guy,etc all taking the piss out of them:p

lets just say its the canada of USA :p

SheisTheDark

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Juni 2002
Germany
Website besuchen
Uhmmm Asbury Park is an old abandoned resort for rich bitches from the 50s or so. They left behind a big drafty building called a convention center, where thousands of metal heads slithered into and froze for atleast three metal festfest years..of course not consecutively. It takes place in this building that has three huge rooms...one is like concert hall...the other a theatre with seats, where u arent allowed to stand up, and the other...well its amongst all the venders and what not.

The place near philly isnt any better...one room two stages and asshole state police who beat everyone up the entire time.

Go to Partysan in the beginning of August or to Grasspop or..maybe even Bang Your Head.

Im going to bed now. nyte nyte!