New band confirmed - Watain

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
I'll tell you what's going on. Wacken has finally booked another good band, so obviously they're on the shit stage. Not a big worry though, I spent almost all of my time last year in that tent.

Watain are quality live, even if the new album is a considerable step down from its predecessors.

Still, a good booking.

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Well, the smallest stage, but at least they seem to play at night. Which is worth a lot in my eyes. Black metal and bright sunlight just don't really fit.

True. It's just a shame because Watain now use a lot of pyros during their show, and add some big rock and roll endings to their songs. If they were at an outdoor stage they could have had pyros. The best you can hope for is their stench. :p

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
There's a discernable difference between the Watain philosophy between Casus Luciferi and Sworn To The Dark. I think that they're more interested in becoming a massive BM band like Dissection now. So yes, pyro. So long as the music quality never stoops to Reinkaos, I don't care.

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
I'd recommend that you start reading half decent music mags, for a start. :p Their new album is audibly influenced by Dissection. If you like early Dissection, then give 'Sworn To The Dark' a try.

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Possibly, but we can be safe in the knowledge that Watain are much, much better than any black metal headliners ever booked to play Wacken. :p

Honestly, the last couple of Gorgoroth albums were rubbish. However if Infernus wins the appeal and regains the Gorgoroth name, and institutes his new line-up, then they might be worth seeing.