New band confirmed - Stam1na

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Spindelta

W:O:A Metalhead
21 Dez. 2006
To be honest I find the Graspop and Wacken lineups as bad as each other. I can't speak for the history of Graspop though, I don't know if it's always included faggotry on the bill.

It hardly matters to me though, the point is that metalcore or pop metal has no place amongst metal bands. Any festival which books such bands is advertising its support for poseur scenes, ergo its lack of caring about actual metal. It doesn't matter if its one false band or twenty. If you live and breathe metal, it's not good enough.

Random_dude_667

7 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
Fuck me the vultures gather quickly.

I do wonder if its because there aren't many great bands around at the time of Wacken this year. I mean Iced Earth are and haven't been booked, probably because they played last year, but looking around I can't think of many others.....

....correct me if Im wrong though.

cyber999

W:O:A Metalmaster
20 Apr. 2007
The Azores - Portugal
Fuck me the vultures gather quickly.

I do wonder if its because there aren't many great bands around at the time of Wacken this year. I mean Iced Earth are and haven't been booked, probably because they played last year, but looking around I can't think of many others.....

....correct me if Im wrong though.

they could book kataklysm, behemoth, morbid angel, amon amarth.. dont remember more now..

in the next year i wont buy the ticket so early:rolleyes:
i mean i like the lineup( most of bands) but it could be even better

Random_dude_667

7 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
I grant you Kataklysm.

But Morbid Angel's European tour ends a week into July, they arent gonna stick around for 3 weeks just to play 1 more gig are they?

As for Behemoth, Vader and Amon Amarth I don't even know if they're touring this year.

Mahrem

11 März 2008
Both Vader and Kataklysm are doing Summer Slaughter here in the U.S.

The tour starts in June Sometime (I'm thinking the end), and ends like 4 days before Wacken.

It would be possible, but not probable.

*Edit*

The tour is June 20 through July 28

Thats cuttin' it pretty close;)

I'm wishin' they'd announce Blood Red Throne, Naglfar, and Edguy!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Random_dude_667;10154239I schrieb:
do wonder if its because there aren't many great bands around at the time of Wacken this year...

Are you seriously suggesting that Wacken had to book shit bands because there are no metal bands touring?

Wacken didn't need to book any more big bands, the whole thing would sell out on Maiden. They just needed to book metal bands. Y'know, support the underground a bit?

As for the vultures, well, they gathered when the metalcore bands did.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
S'funny, Party San seemed to get Bolt Thrower, Behemoth and Bloodbath...

That aside, I'm sure that Wacken could afford to fly out one or two big bands just for this festival.

Regardless, if Wacken couldn't find big metal bands to book, that does not make it acceptable to book big non-metal bands.

Random_dude_667

7 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
As much as Id love all of those bands if they aren't touring they aren't bookable, its that simple (plus we know why Bolt Thrower aren't playing).

Im not suggesting its a good thing, Im merely suggesting that from the Wacken organisers point of view they can't have a half empty line up, so maybe they're just trying to fill it with anything they can find.

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
That's utterly ridiculous. It's not like there's a shortage of metal bands.

I think that you guys are being overly apologetic to a festival that you love.

They booked gay bands because they wanted 'em here. No more, no less.

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England

As true as that may be, i know im still gona have a great time because there are a good selection of bands for me, even if there are a couple i really despise

Mahrem

11 März 2008

Absolutely true!

I'm sure we could get quite a long list of quality metal acts from Germany alone that would be fabulous candidates.

Like already stated, Some of the big bands meet up at Wacken because of their tours that are already in progress. But i think that that is more and more irrelevant for smaller bands.

I've heard of bands here in the States that would give their testicles to play this festival, and would go if simply booked. i think for many bands, it is as important to get a chance to play this festival as it is for us fans to attend!