New band confirmed - Airbourne

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
re

Meh? Pretty poor?

Airbourne are the best live rock n roll band to come out of AU since AC/DC, those of us who have been lucky enough to see them perform can testify for that.

Saw em at the Pyramid Rock Festival last year... blew me away!
Also saw em at a small venue which fit no more than 300 people, they made the place feel like an arena!

Great addition to the bill!

"I STUCK MY FINGER IN THE HONEY, THREW MY DOLLAR IN THE WELL!"

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Mahrem

11 März 2008
Meh? Pretty poor?

Airbourne are the best live rock n roll band to come out of AU since AC/DC, those of us who have been lucky enough to see them perform can testify for that.

Saw em at the Pyramid Rock Festival last year... blew me away!
Also saw em at a small venue which fit no more than 300 people, they made the place feel like an arena!

Great addition to the bill!

"I STUCK MY FINGER IN THE HONEY, THREW MY DOLLAR IN THE WELL!"

"Best live Aussie rock band since AC/DC" is quite the claim! (you do know Psycroptic or Lord right?) The thing is that with the few slots that are left, most of us are anxiously awaiting some heavy hitters and unfortunately Airborne isn't quite who I had in mind.:rolleyes:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

zombiecag

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Jan. 2007
Peterborough, England
I saw their video on Scuzz a while back (just before the album came out) and was impressed.
This gives me an excuse to check them out properly.
If that one song is anything to go by, this is a pretty decent addition to the bill.
Although, I agree with Mahrem, not quite the kind of addition I had in mind, either. I'd much rather see someone like GWAR getting confirmed, but this is definately a step back in the right direction after the horrific confirmations of JFAG and Unearth.

While it's still not power/black/thrash/death metal, at least it's some fucking rock 'n roll with an ounce of credibility.
Not to mention they sound like the kind of band that'd go well with a few cold beers :D

EDIT:
Just listened to a few songs on their myspace page. I'm liking it!
Definitely one to watch at Wacken.
And I can see what StentoriaN means by saying they're the best Aussie band since AC/DC (although I'd say Zombie Ghost Train, then Airbourne, but that's just me) - these guys are VERY stadium rock!
Awesome.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
"Best live Aussie rock band since AC/DC" is quite the claim! (you do know Psycroptic or Lord right?) The thing is that with the few slots that are left, most of us are anxiously awaiting some heavy hitters and unfortunately Airborne isn't quite who I had in mind.:rolleyes:

I said 'Aussie rock', which means AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, The Angels...bands in that pub rock vein, not power metallers like Lord etc. but on the topic of Aussie power metal, Black Majesty and Dungeon (RIP) are numero uno!

Steve

1 Feb. 2007
I said 'Aussie rock', which means AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, The Angels...bands in that pub rock vein, not power metallers like Lord etc. but on the topic of Aussie power metal, Black Majesty and Dungeon (RIP) are numero uno!

And Vanishing Point! :D

I'm happy Airbourne are on the bill, their debut's brilliant!

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
I listened to these guys on their myspace page. I think they're pretty decent, very much in the AC/DC hard rock style. They add some variety to the billing without being trendy pop crap like Avenged Sevenfold. I will check these guys out... as long a they are not playing while a band I like better is on stage. They will be a good party, beer drinking type band to watch, fun Hard Rock.

808Metal

W:O:A Metalmaster
30 Nov. 2007
Oahu, Hawaii
I bought their CD since they're playing WOA and also after listening to them on their myspace page. It's quite good actually, a lot like classic AC/DC. Should be a fun band to watch at WOA.