Neue Band bestätigt - Avenged Sevenfold

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
20 Feb. 2008
It's just sad that the organisers don't listen to the fans anymore. I really thought Wacken wouldn't turn the screw of trendy pop-fashion this year. Give it another few years and Wacken will be called the Adidas Festival or some shite.

Steve

1 Feb. 2007
Fuck! The worst band after Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine! Whatever, I'll be getting wasted on cheap Jagermeister :D

Mahrem

11 März 2008
This is UNBELIEVABLE!!! How can the festival organizers think that a band like this would have ANY place on the same bill as Gorgoroth or Carcass? Do they honestly think that they have the same fans? Here is reality...we bought every damn ticket available this year before this shitty band was announced. It's not like they are going to draw out new buyers. The fans bought tickets based on an incomplete bill, why not fill the bill with the likes of who is already on the bill, to please the fans that sold out your damn festival!?

What pisses me off the most is that this shitty band just took a spot away from someone good!

"Sorry folks, no Kalmah this year....but we have Avenged Sevenfold"

Unbelievable!

charles

19 Dez. 2006
South Coast, UK
How about another petition like the one against Bullet for my Valentine last year. I'll gladly sign it if someone makes it. Wacken need's to know that these types of bands have no place at the festival.

A few people have mentioned Vader. I totally agree. They were stunning in 03 and haven't returned to the festival since then. Especially since they had to cancel last year or the year before. And there is a noticeable lack of death metal bands on the bill this year.

I still think Meshuggah need to play.

Mahrem

11 März 2008
How about another petition like the one against Bullet for my Valentine last year. I'll gladly sign it if someone makes it. Wacken need's to know that these types of bands have no place at the festival.

agreed

A few people have mentioned Vader. I totally agree. They were stunning in 03 and haven't returned to the festival since then. Especially since they had to cancel last year or the year before. And there is a noticeable lack of death metal bands on the bill this year.

agreed

Ærnesto

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Jan. 2008
São Caetano do Sul - SP, Brasil
I assume you work with or have something to do with the festival. What's the reason they are giving to justify booking these types of bands? I severely doubt that the booking staff are completely ignorant to the blatant fact that most people who attend Wacken don't want to see these bands at the festival.

I really think that they don't read this forum

and I think that this festival is going too much commercial, "Temple of Heavy Metal"???? WHERE???????

I hope this is an early April Fool's day joke! Party San festival has recently announced Bloodbath, and we get this. :confused: Still, as long as they are playing some insignificant stage whilst a band a like are playing, hopefully I won't notice. Seriously though, I have defended Wacken to a certain extent for some of the announcements, but this is taking the piss...

Wouldn't surprise me if Bullet For My Valentine will also be added in the next few days tbh

MetalViking

26 Feb. 2007
England
FUCK!!!
why wacken, whyyy?
This is the type of shit me and many many others do not want at a festival!
I used to be proud to say im going to wacken this year, but now thats changing
fucking hell get some decent bands on this bill, i doubt ill go to wacken next year :(

Spindelta

21 Dez. 2006
Hahaha! Sweet vindication for all those of us who bemoaned the addition of the metalcore bands over the last couple of years. Wacken actually managed to find a band less suitable than BFMV! This festival is now a complete joke. To those who denied my suggestions that Wacken is becoming Download - eat your words.

For the guys going on about Vader - you know why they cancelled last year? Because Wacken would not give them a slot on either main stage. No room for Vader, apparently. I wonder what stage 'A7X' will get...