movie about Wacken - Full Metal Village

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Interested in life in Wacken during the "normal" 360 days?
Yesterday the movie "Full Metal Village" started in German cinemas. We've already seen it, its REALLY nice and funny :D
You can watch the trailer here: http://www.flyingmoon.com/deutsch/kinotrailer.html - its only in German of course, but anyway you can get a short insight :D

here the info from the WOA newsletter (also only in German :mad: - sorry, too lazy to translate :o )

FULL METAL VILLAGE - Premiere: 18.4.2007 in Wacken

Von Wacken in die Welt

++ Erste öffentliche Vorführung von FULL METAL VILLAGE in Wacken ++

Der Dokumentarfilm FULL METAL VILLAGE von Sung-Hyung Cho über das Dorf Wacken, seine Bewohner und das alljährlich stattfindende Wacken Open-Air wird zum ersten Mal öffentlich in Wacken vorgeführt

am 18. April 2007 um 20 Uhr
im "Kino in der Schulsporthalle" (Bokelrehmerstraße)
25596 Wacken bei Itzehoe/A23

FULL METAL VILLAGE, der bereits bundesweit für Furore sorgt, ist der Gewinner des diesjährigen Max Ophüls Preises, des Hessischen Filmpreises 2006 und des Filmpreises Schleswig-Holstein (Deutschland 2006, 90 Minuten). In der 28-jährigen Geschichte des Max Ophüls-Preises ist FULL METAL VILLAGE der erste Dokumentarfilm, der den Hauptpreis gewonnen hat.

Der ungewöhnliche Film der koreanischen Regisseurin Sung-Hyung Cho bezieht seine Spannung aus dem Gegensatz des beschaulichen Lebens in der kleinen 2000-Seelen-Gemeinde Wacken und den einmal im Jahr einfallenden Besuchern eines gigantischen Heavy Metal-Festivals. Vor diesem Hintergrund zeichnet Sung-Hyung Cho das Porträt des Dorfes und seiner Bewohner: Bauernschläue, Religiosität und Provinzschönheit vor der Kulisse des immer wieder kehrenden Wahnsinns eines Festivals.

Sipyloidea

W:O:A Metalgod
19 März 2007
here the info from the WOA newsletter (also only in German :mad: - sorry, too lazy to translate :o )
I'm not :cool:

FULL METAL VILLAGE – first broadcast: 18.4.2007 in Wacken

From Wacken to the world

++first public broadcast of FULL METAL VILLAGE in Wacken++

The documentary FULL METAL VILLAGE of Sung-Hyung Cho about the village Wacken, its inhabitants and the annual Wacken Open-Air will be broadcastet in Wacken first time.

18th of April 2007 at 8pm
"Kino in der Schulsporthalle" (Bokelrehmerstraße)
25596 Wacken at Itzehoe/A23

FULL METAL VILLAGE, which is already causing a furor all over germany, is the winner of the Max Ophüls Award 2007, the Hessian Movie Award 2006 and the movie award of Schleswig-Holstein (Germany 2006, 90 minutes). In 28years of the Max Ophüls Award, FULL METAL VILLAGE is the first documentary, that won the first prize.

The unusual movie of the korean director Sung-Hyung Cho gets its tension from the contrast of the contemplative life in a village, containing only 2000 people and the visitors of a giant Heavy Metal-Festival, invading Wacken every year. Against this background Sung-Hyung Cho is creating an image of that village and its inhabitants: Shrewdness, religion and provincial beauty in the scenery of the always recuring madness of an festival.

(please correct me, if there are any mistakes)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Interested in life in Wacken during the "normal" 360 days?
Yesterday the movie "Full Metal Village" started in German cinemas. We've already seen it, its REALLY nice and funny :D
You can watch the trailer here: http://www.flyingmoon.com/deutsch/kinotrailer.html - its only in German of course, but anyway you can get a short insight :D

As it is only in Germany, I'm too lazy to translate it into Dutch. Who's going to Germany just to watch a movie about Wacken?

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
yep, I don't think anyone needs a Dutch translation :D
But anyway that movie will be hopefully available sometime on DVD and I think it might be funny to watch specially for the foreigners!

Metal-Mini

12 Jan. 2007
von Stuttgart ins Emsland!
hi folks, just came home from cinema. it was great fun, that movie.
it´s made by a south-korean directrice and was filmed during the years 2005 and 2006. they show the inhabitants of wacken, how they think about the festival and how they take part....it verry funny and they also show scenes from the festival, the camping-site etc. you can see how the farmer mr. trede prepares his grounds for the camping-sites...nice work of 90 minutes , and they even got a film-price for that!;)

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
yes, its really fun to watch. Yesterday even a non-metal friend of mine told me that she heard a lot about it and she wants to watch it :eek: :D