Most wanted albums

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

flo

W:O:A Metalhead
14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
hmmm, my fave albums... let's see

in no special order:

Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
Cirith Ungol - King of the Dead
Death Angel - The Ultra Violence
Overkill - The Years of Decay
Manowar - Into Glory Ride
Thor - Only the Strong
Exciter - Long live the Loud
Agent Steel - Unstoppable Force
Vortex - Metal Bats
Sabbat - Disembodied
Iced Earth - Night of the Stormrider
Twisted Tower Dire - The Isle of Hydra
Omen - Battlecry
Sacred Steel - Wargods of Metal
Wizard - Bound by Metal
Living Death - Metal Revolution
Vavel - same
Angus - Track of Doom
Candlemass - Ancient Dreams
Pentagram - Be Forwarned
Razor - Executioner's Song
Brocas Helm - Black Death
Overlorde - EP 1987
Iron Cross - Same

and many many more...

PsychicVeteran

W:O:A Metalmaster
here we go (these are my gots - the new Amon Amarth is top of my wish-list):

Blue Öyster Cult - Secret Treaties
Blue Öyster Cult - Some Enchanted Evening
Blue Öyster Cult - sod it, all of them (except Mirrors)

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Motörhead - Orgasmatron
Saxon - Killing Ground
Judas Priest - Stained Class
Nightwish - Wishmaster
Metal for Muthas - Vol I and II
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden - Brave New World
Iced Earth - Horror Show
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz

and some I won't mention here.......

Suwarin

26 Nov. 2001
(ehem.Ruhrpott) Düsseldorf
Originally posted by PsychicVeteran
here we go (these are my gots - the new Amon Amarth is top of my wish-list):

Blue Öyster Cult - Secret Treaties
Blue Öyster Cult - Some Enchanted Evening
Blue Öyster Cult - sod it, all of them (except Mirrors)
You should talk to Karsten...he might be just as crazy as you about Blue Öyster Cult...

flo

14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
trespass rule as hell! gorgon from japan did a great coverversion of trespass' "bright lights" with sascha from ritual steel on guest vocals on this years headbangers open air!
what about some cool NWoBHM stuff at wacken? soldier for example, or witchfynde! or a triarchy reunion!!! ok, that's really hard to realize, but it's a nice dream

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Damn! And I always wanted to cover "Bright Lights" whenever I got a band together. Oh well, maybe "Bloody Moon" instead...

Somehow I doubt that any NWOBHM band who only released one 7" will do a reunion (ok, I know about Lyadrive). But I'd kill for a proper Witchfinder General reunion...

flo

14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
triarchy won't do a reunion of course. my brother is in contact with the vocalist. he teaches philosophy at a university now :) but anyway i think the tracks on "save the khan" belong to the very best NWoBHM stuff ever.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Oh fuck yes! Triarchy ruled! No debate there, lol.

You know what's fun? Reading the guestbook at NWOBHM.com...and seeing all the posts from guys saying, "Yeah, I was in a band called (insert name) ...I never thought anyone would have put us on a webpage!" Strangely enough, the singer from Demon Pact posted on there...he's a professor now too, I think.

flo

14 Dez. 2001
Remscheid
www.strongholde.de
hmmm, do you know gorgon? if "good" vocals are important for you, than you won't like them for sure, but i love them! it's a japanese band from the 90s who play the original sound of the late 70s british metal! they have more than 100 cover versions from bands like trespass, soldier, holocaust, bashful alley etc. etc. and also their own material sounds exactly like the music from this times. untill now they released about 10 7"s!
if you like, check them out at
www.truemetal.org/gorgon (official HP)
www.metalprovider.com/metalcoven/gorgon (fanclub HP)

UP THE GORGONS!!!

Supercharger

26 Juli 2002
Deventer, the Netherlands
Website besuchen
I'm sorry mate..but I'm not interested in japanese bands who are trying to sound really outdated. Perhaps you know the german band hellhammer who tried to sound just like some 80's band from Switserland..damn..try to invent your own sound damn it..

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Ha! Always talked with my friends about doing an NWOBHM tribute band, but could never find enough people who were interested. A passing novelty, of course, but it would have been fun.

Anyhow, they sound pretty good. Funny how they spoof some of the old single covers (Jaguar, Trespass, Angel Witch, etc). I'd like to hear some of their cover versions sometime, especially "Sheralee"...always did like that song!