Missing children.

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
I want to get serious here for a minute.As some of you who watch the news here in the states knows,they found Elizabeth Smart alive & well.To those who don't know,she was a 14 year old (at the time) girl that was kidnapped outta her bed last June in Salt Lake City.She was found last Wed. with her abductors.She's now 15.I was watching her father on CNN last night pleading with the US Congress to pass a nationwide Amber Alert Bill.I think this is a great idea,BUT I saw some political bigwig shoot it down.I guess since that there's no kickbacks coming their way,Congress is going to bury it.I want to know what you guys think.Here's a couple sites that can get ya up to speed.

www.cnn.com ( for complete info about the Smart kidnapping)

www.missingkids.com/html/amberplan.html (for info about the Amber Alert)

I have 2 nieces(ages 9 & 1) & I wouldn't know what to do if anything would happened to them.Let me know if you think the Amber Plan is a great idea & maybe talk to your gov. to see if they can start something like it.Thanx for listening.

Shiny

29 Juni 2002
Ireland
Website besuchen
I think the Amber Plan is a really good idea.

Ireland is small but many people go missing every year
and they are never seen again.

On TV here, we have a programme called "Crimeline" where
all the latest unsolved Crimes and Missing People are broadcast
over the airwaves.
If viewers think that they have some information, they ring the
station and help the police.

I dont think that we have enough of a problem in Ireland that
we would need the AP but maybe in highly populated areas
it could be effective.

dittohead

W:O:A Metalmaster
4 Feb. 2003
whats the other Alert...cant remmeber what its caled..

it was also named after a girl who was kidnap :(

Wackianne

29 Nov. 2001
Nijmegen
beam.to
I´ve first read about that abduction some days ago when Elizabeth was found and hardly knew who she was. Quite shocking.

Haven´t heard about that Amber Alert yet and didn´t read it all now but it sounds good and seems to work so...I can´t understand why they should not want the bill to be passed :-/...