Missed Candlemass!!!!!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
7 Aug. 2002
Website besuchen
After returning from wacken open air!!!! We would like to inform Candlemass and every one that went through the same situation as we did about what we plan to do relating the changing in the time candlemass entered the stage in W:O:A. We came from very far away and spent a lot (and I mean a lot) of money just to go and see Candlemass, as a chance in a lifetime, after long years of respect and admiration for the bands work and entire cult. There was no information on the festival about the new runing order except a small note inside the info point desk!! No one informed anyone about these changes and hundreds of people ended up missing the reason that had taken them to woa in the first place!!
We were completely devastated when we were aproaching the party stage, at around 22h30 or something like that, after seeing bruce, planing to see my dying bride and get ready for the moment of our lives (candlemass' concert), and realised that Candlemass were already playing!!! We ran like crazy and caught up the last 2 minuts or so of the concert!!! Can you imagine the rage, fury, frustration that caught us in that moment? We wanted to kill someone!! I almost cried with the rage that that brought me , specially after going to the info point, ready to kick someone's ass, and being told:" well, the information was standing right here, you should have come to check it!".
They don't tell people that they have to check it, nor were, nor even that they are supposed to do it every couple of hours, "because you never know"...!!! Can you imagine more than 40000 people checking the one desk every couple of hours??? Ridiculous isn't it? One would expect to get that information from the festival organization!! Leaflets, notices on a notice board, anything!!! WE are absolutely devastated with all this situation and are going to do something about it!! We actually left the festival the morning after, trying to catch the next concert in Switzerland, that, according to the T-shirt we bought in the festival, was supposed to be on the 4th/8! We ran to Amsterdam's airport, checked the web and realised that the concert was not on the 4th but on the 3rd!!!!! Totally Devastation!!! I wonder if there was anything worst that could have happened!! Can you imagine?
Anyway, I am so furious that I lack the words to express my rage!
We are still trying to arrange to see Candlemass in Stockolm on the 31st, but after spending more than €750 going to woa, and being a student, it is going to be very hard to find the money... But what is more important than this!!?
We appologise for this long message, but we wanted Candlemass to know why their audience in WOA was limited to a few dozens of people when they deserve the entire world as fans! Everyone was expecting to see them at 00:55, not at 21h45!!! Candlemass don't deserve this, and WOA is doomed!! Please help us do something about this! Spread the word, talk to the press, to WOA, friends, everyone, don't let these situations continue to happen, as it is not the first time, and other people missed other concerts!
Please help us!
Could you also tell us how to buy tickets online for the concert in stockholm on the 31st?
Please reply, and, once again, thank you for being who you are!
Catarina and Vasco
(two major fans!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoni

26 Nov. 2001
Website besuchen
I was also very angry and upset I missed Candlemass because of the line-up change. I must also express my frustration about Candlemass' placement on the bill. They've done a lot more for METAL than some band like Haggard, and have influenced more bands than they ever will. And to treat Candlemass' placemet in a Reunion show too? What could be bigger than that?!
I must also say...If the Headbangers Ballroom was open on Saturday night, there would have been no need for the riot police to be called in.
I love Wacken, and the Heavy Metal festivities, but there are always ways in which they can improve

7 Aug. 2002
Website besuchen
The note on "woa is doomed, for the sake of freedom of speech" was written by me(Cat) and Vasco, we are trying to write as many notices as possible to everyone. We were together in wacken, and these notices we're putting are with the same purpose, to make WOA organization take responsability for what have happened! Next step, the press!!!!
IF you can, spread the word...