Metal Train 2013 - Lack of communication?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Koldawne

W:O:A Metalhead
31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help keep me calm. I have made an order for my Metal train tickets on the 1st of October. Because I live in Canada the only way to pay was by bank transfer which I completed almost 2 weeks ago. I have yet to hear anything back from them to even say they have my money and I am getting very worried. I sent them an email but no one has replied or anything. Has anyone had any problems with these guys? I would hate to find out that I just lost 400$

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help keep me calm. I have made an order for my Metal train tickets on the 1st of October. Because I live in Canada the only way to pay was by bank transfer which I completed almost 2 weeks ago. I have yet to hear anything back from them to even say they have my money and I am getting very worried. I sent them an email but no one has replied or anything. Has anyone had any problems with these guys? I would hate to find out that I just lost 400$

I have never worked with Metal Train before. But I've seen they have a forum. (which is quite "frequently" answered by the organization itself. )

But otherwise I have NO clue whatsoever.

I try to remember who used Metal Train last year. But can't remember anymore.

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
I looked for the forums but there is no Metal Train 2013 and does not seem to be anything in the 2012 one that I can see either. The site says tickets are shipped 'promptly' within 14 days. I guess I can't do anything but wait. :mad:

UltimoAviso

15 Aug. 2012
California, USA
I'd say give it a little longer, esp. with the current very early sell out of tickets for the festival. How did you pay? maybe call you bank/credit card or check paypal to see if it is a pending transaction to ensure it at least processed.

I know here in the USA it takes quite some time for anything to arrive from wacken.

Is it a service from the main W:O:A page?

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
I'd say give it a little longer, esp. with the current very early sell out of tickets for the festival. How did you pay? maybe call you bank/credit card or check paypal to see if it is a pending transaction to ensure it at least processed.

I know here in the USA it takes quite some time for anything to arrive from wacken.

Is it a service from the main W:O:A page?

The only way they will allow payment was via bank transfer so the money goes immediately - I have a pretty lengthy paper trail at least. I am just too excited to go to my first WoA :D

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
Metal Train? Not really. It's a different organisation, seperated from W:O:A. Though it's the ONLY real train running to a festival. Other festivals are done with buses usually (as far as I have read it)

But anything on the Metal Train will be announced on the W:O:A main page however.

Be warned if you are coming from outside the 'normal' areas you WILL get SCAMMED. The company will tell you that you have to do a bank transfer and then they will tell you that you didn't send them enough money because they expect YOU to pay their bank fees but never tell you how much they will be nor tell you that there are more fees on top of what your invoice says. Of course because every time you do a transfer more fees are taken off you will NEVER be able to send them enough money and if you are like me then every transfer costs you $30 to even do in the first place..

I am trying to find some way to get these fees reversed so that I can have my tickets but at this point it looks like I've been scammed out of over $400 CAD and have nothing to show for it.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Be warned if you are coming from outside the 'normal' areas you WILL get SCAMMED. The company will tell you that you have to do a bank transfer and then they will tell you that you didn't send them enough money because they expect YOU to pay their bank fees but never tell you how much they will be nor tell you that there are more fees on top of what your invoice says. Of course because every time you do a transfer more fees are taken off you will NEVER be able to send them enough money and if you are like me then every transfer costs you $30 to even do in the first place..

I am trying to find some way to get these fees reversed so that I can have my tickets but at this point it looks like I've been scammed out of over $400 CAD and have nothing to show for it.

You have PayPal?
Ask the organisation the IBAN/BIC (don't mind what it is) and then transfer the $$ to e.g. someone here. We can do a bank transfer for free within the EU.

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
You have PayPal?
Ask the organisation the IBAN/BIC (don't mind what it is) and then transfer the $$ to e.g. someone here. We can do a bank transfer for free within the EU.

I emailed them and told them I was not going to pay another 35$ to do another bank transfer so they could charge me more hidden fees. I suggested PayPal / Visa but they never got back to me - They have the WORST service I have ever seen from a business :mad:

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
Were you able to figure this issue out?

Oh my goodness..FINALLY yes but I had to email several more times. When I finally convinced them that a bank transfer was not possible due to the "fee issue" they gave me an email account for Paypal.

I sent the 'missing' $17 to the account on 30 Nov. I also cc'd the account to say that I sent the money and then I found out that it failed because the email I sent bounced back to me as 'undeliverable" - so the Paypal account they gave me was wrong. I waited a couple of weeks for them to correct the problem and collect the payment but they never did so I emailed again in the middle of December asking for the RIGHT account.. They finally emailed back a couple weeks later and I re-sent the money - which they got Jan 1.

Another 2 weeks and I got a notice that my tickets had shipped and actually I JUST got a notice from the post saying they have something for me yesterday so if all is well I should have finally received my Metal Train tickets today - 3 Months after ordering them originally.. What a long process!