Mead recipes

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
I know some of you make it :D

I know there are lots on the internet :D

but they're not always reliable :(

Would anyone like to share their mead recipe with me? I've just been given lots of raw honey mmmmmm :p

Thank you

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
http://www.nhb.org/download/factsht/makingmead.pdf

The "Wassail Mead" recipe on Page 8 is more or less the one I use - although I use 15 lbs of honey instead of 12.5, since honey is sold in 5 lb containers here. So it's a little on the sweeter (and more alcoholic) side, but what's wrong with that? :)

btw, 1 kg = 2.2 lbs, 1 gallon = 3.8 L

and it is VITAL that whatever container you store your mead in is completely sanitized and sterile, along with other apparatus you use during the brewing process. I once brewed some mead for six months only to have it turn into a septic wreck because the bastard didn't sanitize the hoses he used to siphon the mead from one container to another. Grr...

Mead rules. :D

Fallen_Knight

22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
Originally posted by Brat
I know some of you make it :D

I know there are lots on the internet :D

but they're not always reliable :(

Would anyone like to share their mead recipe with me? I've just been given lots of raw honey mmmmmm :p

Thank you

You want the nordic/scandivian meads right?

long time no see Natalia!

Originally posted by Warthog
What, too sick for you? :D

drinking Wine is just as bad...it's really consuming rotten grape viscera.

Not too mention that some French use ox blood as a clarifying agent. Yum yum yum.

Nothing´s to sick for me, but I can´t stand bees or even worse their vomit called honey, rather I´ll let hundred men shit into my mouth :D

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Originally posted by ShizzoKrause
No, that´s a vegetarian festival, that rather fits to Fuck the Commerce :D:D:D

Vegetarians has shorter dicks and no brains cause it cant develop cause of lack of meat (Viking is also a vegetarian :D:D:D)

Well anyways, 1 km from Battlefield is market with shitloads of meat and grill for one use, so we had good meat party with swedish dudes on Obscene anyways :D:D:D:D

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
So I got bored and was looking at the Webster.com dictionary, and found this. Look at definition #3:

Main Entry: 1 com·merce
Pronunciation: 'kä-(")m&rs
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, from Latin commercium, from com- + merc-, merx merchandise
1 : social intercourse : interchange of ideas, opinions, or sentiments
2 : the exchange or buying and selling of commodities on a large scale involving transportation from place to place
3 : SEXUAL INTERCOURSE
synonym see BUSINESS

So maybe "Fuck the Commerce" is a little redundant. :D

Originally posted by Hammered_gods
Vegetarians has shorter dicks and no brains cause it cant develop cause of lack of meat (Viking is also a vegetarian :D:D:D)

Well anyways, 1 km from Battlefield is market with shitloads of meat and grill for one use, so we had good meat party with swedish dudes on Obscene anyways :D:D:D:D

Don´t forget the nice restaurant just outside the entrance ;)