Just How Much Are They Offering To Pay Bands...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

VENO

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Meshuggah sounds a bit greedy, to me.
I would think bands would want to play WOA for the exposure alone....and not be so concerned about their paycheck for the day, given the publicity they'll earn.
Their lable probably pays for their airfares anyway.

I was going to mention that... well if they have that kind of attitude fans can't do nothing about it... they're too important to receive the 5000 euros and to join one of the most important european metal line-ups... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Canuck

4 Nov. 2007
Toronto, Canada
Difference is Moonsorrow SUCK ;)

Without giving my opinion of Meshuggah (which is quite a low opinion, at that), I would say the different and the point is that whining like a bunch of infants about not getting more than 5000 euros is a heck of a greedy outlook, and is part of what's wrong with much of the metal scene today. Quite frankly, I'd be happy if bands like that were kept out of any worthwhile festival, they aren't deserving of respect as far as I'm concerned.

VENO

12 Nov. 2008
Portugal
Metal has become a financial corporation these days... I know people need money to live and being a musician is just as honest as any other job, but it's Wacken and as a privilege of being part of it they shouldn't fuss about the money, I don't think the WOA crew has all the money in the world to pay for the 100 bands playing every year...

Shadow of Darkness

11 Aug. 2008
Without giving my opinion of Meshuggah (which is quite a low opinion, at that), I would say the different and the point is that whining like a bunch of infants about not getting more than 5000 euros is a heck of a greedy outlook, and is part of what's wrong with much of the metal scene today. Quite frankly, I'd be happy if bands like that were kept out of any worthwhile festival, they aren't deserving of respect as far as I'm concerned.

*sign*

Too bad, but true.