is W:O:A getting too big?

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Kate McGee

W:O:A Metalgod
13 Aug. 2002
Kronach
franconianpsycho.blogspot.com
Zombi schrieb:
yeah, but Nightwish at least have been there about a million times...

...and anyway, I'm not complaining about the bands or the size of the festival, Wacken is a big festival, so they go for the bigger/more popular bands at the moment...I mean there SHOULD be a festival where these bands play, cause there are people who wanna see them...which is partly why SO MANY people go to wacken...

but people who say wacken is too big or not underground enough should maybe check out some other festivals in germany or elsewhere... like Fuck The Commerce :D
or ascend the beautiful Dong hill...

Brat

W:O:A Metalhead
26 Feb. 2002
Sydney, Australia
www.myspace.com
Zombi schrieb:
oh come on, brat...people have the same complaint every year... everyone wants to go to wacken and everyone wants wacken to be a small festival, it doesn't really work, does it?
that's not what I said...

in 2002, the year it officially sold out, and 2003 I felt I was able to see anyone I wanted without having to resort to seeing ants on stage

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
Brat schrieb:

in 2002, the year it officially sold out, and 2003 I felt I was able to see anyone I wanted without having to resort to seeing ants on stage
Maybe that's called luck. The concept in 2002 and 2003 was about the same as it was this year. Only the bands differed. I've been to W:O:A since 1997, and in concept nothing has changed. The prices have doubled in that time, but that was to be expected after we changed to euro.

DarthFreak

W:O:A Metalmaster
Carpathian_Wolf schrieb:
WOA own brand beer was shite

it was okay.... yes there is better beer... still unfortunate that we didnt have more time for sitting down for a drink ... Next year ;)

@brat...

yes i think there were more people especially "kerrang kids" *yukk*

im really sorry for giving you so little äppler.... it was the only left as I came back to my tent... i feel so guilty :( :( next year youll get multiple amounts of that

supposedly people left on saturday because of the bad weather ... *pussys* we arrived on sunday... and that was bad weather... after that it really improved and that little rain at the end of the week was nothing compared with the storm in the beginning....

Iscariot

W:O:A Metalhead
9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
Brat schrieb:

Well, as long as I go to Wacken (since 2001)there always were some concerts were there were too many people to see something decent close to the stage. What also can be a cause is the fact that the true metal -and party stage never play at thesame time the last years. So there are less bands playing at thesame time, At least at the party stage. So the people are more concentrated with the bands that are playing. Nice theory huh? :p