Interesting(?) stuff about Accept

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
This might be old news, but read this tonight and found it very interesting :)

It's just copy/paste from

http://www.wolfhoffmann.com/html/faq.html

but hell, it's great stuff :D

------------------------------

Question: What's the story behind the intro to ``Fast as a Shark"?

Answer: Here it is. We had this song ``Fast as a Shark" recorded and wanted to do a little intro for it. So I came up with the idea of taking a silly old traditional song and putting it in front of it as a contrast.

We were recording at Dieter Dierk's studio at the time, so we went and asked his mother if she maybe had an old record with children's songs for us to borrow. Shure enough, she had just the perfect one that Dieter used to sing as a child as a matter of fact which made it even more funny and'valuable' for us.

We picked this particular spot out of all the tunes on the record, simply because it had no real lyrics, just heidi, heido.... (The song is called ' Ein Heller und ein Batzen'.) That way we would not have to explain what the lyrics meant, no hidden meaning and all that and it would not sound real GERMAN, just silly, at least that's what we thought at the time...

Now, about that whole Nazi thing and them using that song when they invaded France or Poland, let me just say this, whether they actually did or not or whether it was just used in later movies, I really don't know. But I know to a lot of people it apparently sounds like it, like a typical Nazi song and it caused a lot of controversy for us at the time. So out of a funny little idea we created somewhat of a monster. I must have talked about that in interviews a thousand times, but something like that is like fighting against a windmill, it just keeps coming back (and here I am again talking about it!).

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Hey, that's cool! :) Someone told me once that that song was actually a recording of Udo's family singing the song when Udo was like, five years old, hahaha...

I went to a German restaurant near here called Wurzburg Haus on Friday night with some friends, and there was an old guy there with an accordion singing old German drinking songs. After I'd had a few Bitburgers, I went up to him and asked him to play the "Heidi Heido Heida" song...and he actually knew what I was talking about, hehe!

I think my friend John and I spent the rest of the night requesting songs we knew from Tom Angelripper albums.

gnoff

9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
I have the worst memory of that song!

It was at WOA 2002...

Was lying in my tent, just been able to fix it after some fuck had fallen over it and broken one of the pins inside.

Lying in there, drunk as hell, and then I hear

"HEEEEEEEEIDEEEEE HEEEEEIDOOOOO HEEEIDAAAAAAAAA"

And I think "FUCK, I'm missig UDO because I drink to damn much..."

Seen UDO live before, but really would have liked to see him again!

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
damn, gnoff, I can relate all too well...seeing UDO at Wacken was kinda special for me, because I've missed him on his last two tours of the US. The first was because my car broke down on the way there, the second because I didn't have a car and I missed the last bus that would've taken me to the subway so i could see the show. Both stupid reasons in retrospect :( Both especially bitter losses too because of the bands U.D.O was playing with - Raven the first time and Saxon the second! Aaaarrrggghhh!

But seeing U.D.O. at Wacken and hearing the entire crowd sing along to the melody at the end of "Princess of the Dawn" made it all worth it :)

critter

W:O:A Metalhead
23 Sep. 2002
Düsseldorf
Website besuchen
Originally posted by Warthog
damn, gnoff, I can relate all too well...seeing UDO at Wacken was kinda special for me, because I've missed him on his last two tours of the US. The first was because my car broke down on the way there, the second because I didn't have a car and I missed the last bus that would've taken me to the subway so i could see the show. Both stupid reasons in retrospect :( Both especially bitter losses too because of the bands U.D.O was playing with - Raven the first time and Saxon the second! Aaaarrrggghhh!

But seeing U.D.O. at Wacken and hearing the entire crowd sing along to the melody at the end of "Princess of the Dawn" made it all worth it :)

If you want to see Saxon again... Take flight to Germany today...

They are playing the day after tomorrow in Osnabrück/Germany... the town I live in :D