Idea for WOA 2009

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

rscruickshank

19 März 2008
Edinburgh
I have an idea, which I think would make sense, and want to let the organisers know about it.

This year there were occasions when they flashed up information on the screens, such as warning crowd-surfers against pickpockets. Why do they not do this throughout the festival?

I mean, they have the screens there. They could use them to give us the latest breaking information, such as letting us know about any line-up changes, or telling people when signings are taking place, that sort of thing.

You see, I missed Exodus this year. I really wanted to see them. I really didn't want to see Stone Gods (sorry to all the Stone Gods fan), but when Exodus got shifted we didn't know what had happened. So I missed them, coz they were playing at a different time.

Wouldn't it be great if we could check the screens for information like that?

Hell, they could even make some cash out of it by letting people text their own messages to the screens for a fee.

Unfortunately, my German is really bad, so I have no idea how to pass this idea on to the powers that be.

LXE

W:O:A Metalhead
17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
hm

I too thought that was really weird that they didn't mention the schedule change on the jumbotrons or the scrolling message boards.

They used to!

The only place the change was posted was in the papers that they were SELLING each day.
That was kinda fishy.

rscruickshank

19 März 2008
Edinburgh
Yeah, I speak very, very little German.

And I didn't buy the paper that day because I thought it would be full of Iron Maiden, and they really disgraced themselves for me.

I liked their music, but berating a guy operating the camera was just beyond the pale for me. I mean, he was trying to make sure that the 40,000 people who couldn't see the stage got to see their set, so calling him a fat cunt just made Dickinson seem like a twat.

So much for being all about the fans. This performance just showed me that Maiden are all about the money these days.

Rant over.

Anyway, the paper is all good, I've bought it before. But I have friends who can't read a word of German, and having breaking news on the screens would have helped me (with my uber-limited German) and them.

Bearing in mind, when they did put stuff up, like the warning to crowd-surfers, it was in English and German. I don't see that this would be difficult. But it would help so many people.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

rscruickshank

19 März 2008
Edinburgh
just write to them in English. They will understand

Please help. I can't emphasise enough how bad my German is, so navigating around here is difficult, because the English version of this site is almost pointless.

If you could direct me to the right place to get my voice heard by the organisers, I would be eternally grateful.

(This is not laziness on my part, jst find it difficult to find my way around in general.)

L

Lord Soth

Please help. I can't emphasise enough how bad my German is, so navigating around here is difficult, because the English version of this site is almost pointless.

If you could direct me to the right place to get my voice heard by the organisers, I would be eternally grateful.

(This is not laziness on my part, jst find it difficult to find my way around in general.)

Hi there, you could either email Wacken-Helge (helge@ics-woa.de) or post this comment in the WOA 2008 prais&criticism section board. ;)

Maybe this will help some way or other....

Solskinn Av Natten

28 März 2008
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Hey, that's a great idea!

Also, suggesting that people can send / email / text a message to be displayed on the screens for a small fee (for example: shown on the screens 3 x for 10 seconds each time = 1 euro?)... brilliant! I bet a lot of people would be able to find each other more easily with this service in place!

Hope you got your message to the organizers! I'm interested to hear what they say :)

megadethnatic

18 Aug. 2008
I too thought that was really weird that they didn't mention the schedule change on the jumbotrons or the scrolling message boards.

They used to!

The only place the change was posted was in the papers that they were SELLING each day.
That was kinda fishy.

It was mentioned in the Festival Newspaper "Festival Today" on the site where they showed the Running Order. I got this to know after the Exodus gig (which was amazing)

Fries

18 Aug. 2008
Roermond
Was the paper in english and german, or were that only the last 2 day editions?

I got the same "not so good in german" problem, but will fix that for WOA 2009, do want to know what the germans are saying over there.

LXE

17 Juni 2003
Mpls. MN USA
LXE.US
The paper had English and German in the same paper.

I didn't like having to pay half a Euro just to find a line up change, when they could have just scrolled it or put it on the jombotron while everyone was wondering where the heck Exodus was (like they have in years passed), or posted it on the info boards.

That makes me think they DIDN't put it on the public info boards, just to sell more papers.....but who knows.:rolleyes: