I need your ideas!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
I´m just working on a forum for the Metal Travel Guide (hopefully it will be online on March 7th which is the 1st b-day of the page) :D
Therefore I need some input from you as forum experts :D

so, feel invited to help me brainstorming:

- Which smileys would you like to have at such a forum?
- Which subcategories (like Q&A/Off Topic/ etc.) ?
– Ideas for Ranks (like newbie/member/metalhead) ?
– any other ideas?

Rosk

W:O:A Metalhead
30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
- I think the smilies you already have in other forums are good enogh ;)

- General Discussion, Off-Topic, Q&A are the most general ones.. I've also seen some advertising topics such as E-bay sales from the forumlers and stuff like that

- About ranks... Newbie is a good one, and something like Metal Traveler or Metal Vagabond sounds good to me for people with more posts... it's Ok if you don't like them ;):D

PsychicVeteran

[color=03285B] Hey, a Forum's a great idea. :D

I'd suggest you add a section for the languages that people speak, so that if people are visiting a place where they don't speak the local language they can be helped out. Maybe with a categorisation in fluent and basic ;)

And perhaps an option to indicate, whether you would be happy to show someone round the area (Personal Metal Travel Guide?) this must be a voluntary service and as such clear to both parties - a beer as compensation should be acceptable - it's certainly something I'd be happy to offer for people visiting the Düsseldorf area. ;)

And maybe it's the right place to offer assistance at the Festivals as we had discussed in another Thread as well.

Hope I can acquire my Frequent Metal Traveller status soon :D

[/color]

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
hey, those are really great ideas!! Maybe not the language thing, as I have already places in 60 countries, but the "Personal Metal Guide" and stuff :)
Thanks!! :)

and YES, a forum is always a great idea!! :D :)

Fallen_Knight

22 Mai 2002
Leider Schweden
Hopefully no spamming there
don't put too much on the ranks..
I like the idea actually
maybe something about helping people in the different countries or postign what is happening..

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
whats so wrong about spamming? :D (besides the fact that too much spamming would cost me a lot of money :rolleyes: )

yeah, something like an experience exchange about travelling in different countries... but I still don´t know if its better to sort the subforums by countries/continents or by topics... :rolleyes:
what do you think?

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Maybe, you can do it by adding some sort of a Feedback subcategory, where the people who has already used the Metal Travel Guide or knows the places listed there, write their opinions of the places.....

konstrukt

13 Dez. 2002
USA
i want a headbanger smiley... you know, the one where the guy is making devil horns and banging his head?

Lucretia

10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
yeah, agree! Actually the headbangin smiley and two beer smileys are already in :)

and don´t worry, Iscariot, it will NOT be an EzBoard (but phpBB) :)

@ Rosk
yes, something like that... or some sticky threads for the beginning... or so :rolleyes: