I need Wacken 2014 friends!

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

dishayu

W:O:A Metalhead
12 Sep. 2013
Bedok, Singapore
Hey, if you have money and means, I'd book if I really wanted a space in a campsite near the arena. The people on the forum are really welcoming so hopefully finding companions won't be too difficult for you. :)

Money isn't the issue, as such... just that I'm a bit reluctant to plan it this early in advance. I don't know if I'd end up camping with my Swedish friends who are driving down. :confused:

whyvonrusty

18 Aug. 2013
Glasgow
Money isn't the issue, as such... just that I'm a bit reluctant to plan it this early in advance. I don't know if I'd end up camping with my Swedish friends who are driving down. :confused:

If you have the chance to camp with friends it may be a better experience for you. I don't think the hire tents will sell out this soon.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

That can easilly be arranged if you talk it through.
And if they're driving, why not ask if they can bring a tent for you? That way, you're safe, and don't have to bring one on the plane, avoiding extra weight & costs!

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada
Which reminds me, I'm looking for a companion to travel with me with the Metal Train. Free ride included. Departure from Cologne.

I you speak German I would highly recommend this for a good time! Not so much if you don't understand the language but if so then if it's an option you should DO IT! And also Quark is a cool guy so all the more reason ;)

Koldawne

31 Aug. 2012
Aylmer, Quebec Canada

It's never too early :p Honestly, I started planning in August 2012 for last Wacken. Of course I had 3 weeks of trip to fill in as well as all the stuff for WoA.

Why not rent a big tent and have your friends join you? I guess it depends what kind of person you are. If you like to party all night and drink and don't mind being kept awake by drunken people then the normal campsites are fine.

Personally I'm old. I was there to enjoy the concerts and the atmosphere and not to be listening to drunk kids all night :p The rental tents were great - you can request a site on the edge of the area which is the most quiet place..relatively speaking because you aren't really going to get 'that' quiet. It's also closest to the infield and the flush toilets which means unless you have to go in the middle of the night you won't have to deal with the dixies ;)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
It's never too early :p Honestly, I started planning in August 2012 for last Wacken. Of course I had 3 weeks of trip to fill in as well as all the stuff for WoA.

Why not rent a big tent and have your friends join you? I guess it depends what kind of person you are. If you like to party all night and drink and don't mind being kept awake by drunken people then the normal campsites are fine.

Personally I'm old. I was there to enjoy the concerts and the atmosphere and not to be listening to drunk kids all night :p The rental tents were great - you can request a site on the edge of the area which is the most quiet place..relatively speaking because you aren't really going to get 'that' quiet. It's also closest to the infield and the flush toilets which means unless you have to go in the middle of the night you won't have to deal with the dixies ;)

My guess: the RtR tents are placed on A (B), and his friends were DRIVING if I read it correctly. So... they can't get there with their car(s).

But that's my guess.

dishayu

12 Sep. 2013
Bedok, Singapore
I don't like being bothered by drunken people. I'm an old person too, I guess. :\

My guess: the RtR tents are placed on A (B), and his friends were DRIVING if I read it correctly. So... they can't get there with their car(s).

But that's my guess.

I don't have any concept of A and B areas. Could you please explain?

That can easilly be arranged if you talk it through.
And if they're driving, why not ask if they can bring a tent for you? That way, you're safe, and don't have to bring one on the plane, avoiding extra weight & costs!

That's the plan. If they drive down, they'll get a couple of big tents and we can all camp in those but if they don't drive down, i'll need my own tent. :S

(and they seem to be in no hurry to decide, there's 10 months to go still)