I don't speak or know how to read a single word of German.Help me out on this one...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

blackmocco

20 Aug. 2008
Just keep shouting the same phrase in English very loudly and slowly like they're the idiots for not understanding you. Always works...;)

Geoffmetal78

3 Nov. 2008
Perth,Western Australia
Learning german....or not!

Thanks guys,you're legends!At least I know I wont have much to worry about,but I'll still make an attempt at learning a little german,to make life easier!I don't drink much beer,so so long as they can point me in the direction of the jagermeister,I'll be right!!!\m/

Eliael

W:O:A Metalmaster
Thanks guys,you're legends!At least I know I wont have much to worry about,but I'll still make an attempt at learning a little german,to make life easier!I don't drink much beer,so so long as they can point me in the direction of the jagermeister,I'll be right!!!\m/

you'll arrive in Hamburg I think ?
You don't need to learn German to go to Wacken. Nobody gives a shit, 'cause most people know English quite good...

Just don't try to ask old people-if you ask young people, you'll have a good chance making your way to Wacken.. :D

But there's something quite interesting... most Germans hate Jägermeister.. but its quite popular in the entire world.... :confused:

btw, the beer in Germany is quite good-maybe not the stuff you know, but other sorts of beer.. ;)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
you'll arrive in Hamburg I think ?
You don't need to learn German to go to Wacken. Nobody gives a shit, 'cause most people know English quite good...

Just don't try to ask old people-if you ask young people, you'll have a good chance making your way to Wacken.. :D

But there's something quite interesting... most Germans hate Jägermeister.. but its quite popular in the entire world.... :confused:

btw, the beer in Germany is quite good-maybe not the stuff you know, but other sorts of beer.. ;)

And a big variety in kinds of beer. Whit beer, black beer, ALT, Kölsch, but they lack "trappist beer". :D

misanthropic

3 Nov. 2008
Athens, Greece
I don't think you'd have any problem not knowing german. We were there for the first time this year and everything was super. The people are very friendly and polite... even to metalheads :)
We kinda lost our way trying to get out from Hamburg and into road 23 and ended driving in rd 7 instead. So we stoped and asked a truck-driver at a parking place, who not only spoke english, he took his map and showed us the whole route to Wacken. And in Wacken, older people may not know English but they are very helpful and try to make you understand showing things and making sounds etc so if you try and not expect people to understand what you say, you'll be just fine.
Or you just follow other metalheads... hahaha Everyone seem to have WOA stickers on their cars.
It would be helpful though to learn how you pronounce german words. Like Wacken, that most english speaking people say it wrong. Open a youtube video and you'll know what I mean.