HOTEL - Canada

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
23 Juli 2006
I met a Canadian guy who is looking for a hotel to stay during the festival, I myself am camping and I am not familiar with the region neither. Anyone who can give any hints? He will be travelling from Hamburg with public transport. Any chance that he will find a regular price room?

No wooden cabins near the lake up in the mountains here dude :p

Huldran

W:O:A Metalhead
29 Jan. 2006
Under the sign of the Octagon
eternal winter schrieb:
I met a Canadian guy who is looking for a hotel to stay during the festival, I myself am camping and I am not familiar with the region neither. Anyone who can give any hints? He will be travelling from Hamburg with public transport. Any chance that he will find a regular price room?

No wooden cabins near the lake up in the mountains here dude :p
This is his first Wacken, isn't it? ;)

There is ABSOLUTELY no chance to find a hotel/room - be it in Wacken or in the vicinity - already AFTER X-MASS. Been there/done that. Hotel rooms (for '07, I mean) should be booked in August, right after this year's festival is over. Seriously.

Anyway... why hotel? Camping is much more fun. (well, IMO) :)

23 Juli 2006
Anyway... why hotel? Camping is much more fun. (well, IMO) :)[/QUOTE]

after a weekend of blistering Earthshaker heath and camping on a concrete parking lot, my Canadian buddy was in urgent need of a bed, hence the sudden urge to find a hotel room for Wacken I guess :D

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
eternal winter schrieb:
Huldran schrieb:
Anyway... why hotel? Camping is much more fun. (well, IMO) :)

after a weekend of blistering Earthshaker heath and camping on a concrete parking lot, my Canadian buddy was in urgent need of a bed, hence the sudden urge to find a hotel room for Wacken I guess :D
No excuse.
As Wacken is only 11 days he's got the time to find a decent bed in between times before going on camp again! This was just practice.

23 Juli 2006
Quark schrieb:
No excuse.
As Wacken is only 11 days he's got the time to find a decent bed in between times before going on camp again! This was just practice.

Oh yes it was, now he knows all about 24 hour drinking, passing out behind Chinese food stands and European "heavy" rainfall that almost got the Venom gig cancelled.

He 'll probably sleep during the next 10 days :D then it was only Becks, maybe I should introduce him to the magic world of Belgian beers :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
eternal winter schrieb:
Oh yes it was, now he knows all about 24 hour drinking, passing out behind Chinese food stands and European "heavy" rainfall that almost got the Venom gig cancelled.

He 'll probably sleep during the next 10 days :D then it was only Becks, maybe I should introduce him to the magic world of Belgian beers :)
That'd be a very wise decision.

But are you from Belgium then? (NL/FR?)

23 Juli 2006
Quark schrieb:
But as we say here: Daar wringt nu net 't schoentje"

I'm not bringing good glasses to a festivalcamping. I know it can be rather distructive for them. And I wouldn't want to harm my dear bear glasses. :D

yeah, you're right, but a Duvel is not a Duvel without the glass, you can store some in the fridge for when you come home, the so-called after-thirst :D That is also rather destructive ...

this is all off-topic, but since all the hotels are full, it is more usefull to talk about Belgian beer I think :)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
eternal winter schrieb:
yeah, you're right, but a Duvel is not a Duvel without the glass, you can store some in the fridge for when you come home, the so-called after-thirst :D That is also rather destructive ...

this is all off-topic, but since all the hotels are full, it is more usefull to talk about Belgian beer I think :)
We have a thread about beer, but it's beer in general.

So I guess you're right.

And I start by bringing good old Jupiler to Wacken.

mugabe

W:O:A Metalhead
7 Aug. 2002
Avesta, Sweden
www.kurtz.se
Being Swedish, bringing beer to Wacken is like the old English saying "bringing coal to Newcastle". But, hey Quark, are you able to hook me up with some Westvleteren Abt 12? Just asking, I am. :) (Money's no object)

Lucretia

W:O:A Metalmaster
10 Okt. 2002
Hamburg
Quark schrieb:
Maybe www.hamburg.de has some ideas, but that will be in HH itself, and I know the city is not that cheap. And neither is the Deutsche Bahn (railways)

I can tell you about some hostels in Hamburg if he is interested, but I myself would never consider staying in Hamburg during Wacken...