Holiday thread

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

LooseCannon

W:O:A Metalhead
3 Aug. 2002
Baltimore,Maryland USA
Website besuchen
Since it's Thanksgiving here in the states,I wanted to start a holiday thread because different countries have different holiday's.You can post holiday greetings on here.I'll start.

To my American friends,I hope you have a safe & happy Thanksgiving.

Sodomy&Lust

W:O:A Metalmaster
13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
Don't talk about holidays, you bastards! 6th, 7th and 8th December are national holidays in Spain, but not in this damn country in which I am right now......

Anyway, I haven't been in uni since july :rolleyes: :D

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Sodomy&Lust schrieb:
Don't talk about holidays, you bastards! 6th, 7th and 8th December are national holidays in Spain, but not in this damn country in which I am right now......

Anyway, I haven't been in uni since july :rolleyes: :D

We in northern germany are a secular folk. We hate holidays. Makes us feel bad. And guilty - which is quite unsecular. Don't try to understand.

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
monochrom schrieb:
We in northern germany are a secular folk. We hate holidays. Makes us feel bad. And guilty - which is quite unsecular. Don't try to understand.

I'm getting used to it. In Madrid we have 1 national holiday in october, 2 in november and 3 in december (before xmas), and if one holiday is on sunday, then it's moved to Monday. Here, in northern Germany, we had holidays in 3rd october, and it was sunday......

*sigh*

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Sodomy&Lust schrieb:
I'm getting used to it. In Madrid we have 1 national holiday in october, 2 in november and 3 in december (before xmas), and if one holiday is on sunday, then it's moved to Monday. Here, in northern Germany, we had holidays in 3rd october, and it was sunday......

*sigh*

We love it when that happens. It makes us feel less guilty. We call it "protestant work ethic". It basically means that god is both your boss and supervisor/prison guard. Just be thankful you are in lutheranian territory. It is much worse where calvanists were victorious in the religiours wars. They even have to be guilty for feeling guilty. It's sad and makes you wish for a pope.

The Raven

21 Jan. 2004
Bangalore, India
www.kryptos.net
this is unsettling.
in india we have over 30 states, and each state has it's own language and culture. for eg. today's a holiday in delhi (dont know why) but here in Bangalore, where i live, it's a working day like anyother.

anyway, happy thanksgiving :D

Sodomy&Lust

13 Apr. 2002
Madrid - Spain
monochrom schrieb:
We love it when that happens. It makes us feel less guilty. We call it "protestant work ethic". It basically means that god is both your boss and supervisor/prison guard. Just be thankful you are in lutheranian territory. It is much worse where calvanists were victorious in the religiours wars. They even have to be guilty for feeling guilty. It's sad and makes you wish for a pope.

Protestants are way much more tolerant than the catholics, but damn, I miss the catholic holidays!

Anyway, as the Raven says, Happy Thanksgiving!

monochrom

15 Aug. 2002
Hamburg
Website besuchen
Sodomy&Lust schrieb:
Protestants are way much more tolerant than the catholics, but damn, I miss the catholic holidays!

No they are not. Almost half of the protestant churches operating today in our world are puritan, fundamentalist idiot churches. Like all these protestant war cults they got in the US.
:D

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
monochrom schrieb:
No they are not. Almost half of the protestant churches operating today in our world are puritan, fundamentalist idiot churches. Like all these protestant war cults they got in the US.
:D

hehe...I couldn't believe that there were actually preachers on the radio saying that Kerry (catholic) was going to place the USA under Vatican control. EXACTLY the same thing people were saying about Kennedy back in 1960.

Honestly, does the Pope look like he has the capacity to exert shadow control over ANYTHING anymore?

Iscariot

9 Jan. 2002
Apeldoorn- Netherlands
surf.to
Warthog schrieb:
hehe...I couldn't believe that there were actually preachers on the radio saying that Kerry (catholic) was going to place the USA under Vatican control. EXACTLY the same thing people were saying about Kennedy back in 1960.

Honestly, does the Pope look like he has the capacity to exert shadow control over ANYTHING anymore?

wow *unbelief*

strange people, those americans...:p

Hammered_gods

5 Sep. 2002
Czech Republic
Website besuchen
Sodomy&Lust schrieb:

Protestants? Catholics? Who the fuck are they? Christianity doesnt exist. If they ask for something, our government shut their mouths very quickly. Nobody but politicians are gods in our country :D:D:D:D At least they act like that :D