Hi all

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Warthog

W:O:A Metalmaster
29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Der Helm
Ebowhat ???

a term for the way inner city black people (read: rappers) speak. with words like "yo" and "nigga" and "homeboy" and so forth.

there was a big flap a few years ago, because the government offers extra funding to school that teach at least three different languages. The Oakland, Calif. (I think) school board made up "Ebonics" so they could claim they taught three languages - English, Spanish, and Ebonics. :D

Originally posted by Warthog
a term for the way inner city black people (read: rappers) speak. with words like "yo" and "nigga" and "homeboy" and so forth.

there was a big flap a few years ago, because the government offers extra funding to school that teach at least three different languages. The Oakland, Calif. (I think) school board made up "Ebonics" so they could claim they taught three languages - English, Spanish, and Ebonics. :D
Is Ebonics a mix between English and Spanish...? :D:D:D

SheisTheDark

W:O:A Metalhead
15 Juni 2002
Germany
Website besuchen
Ebonics must not translate well into German. :)

Yeah and its such a shame that it doesnt, caus Eubonics is sooo funny!

Is it really a mix between English and Spanish? I think its just a culture being pissed of that they were dragged here and forced to speak another language so they said"hey lets fuck it up for ever and GOOD!" hahaha..

but thats just my opinion..either way its funny!

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Originally posted by SheisTheDark

Is it really a mix between English and Spanish? I think its just a culture being pissed of that they were dragged here and forced to speak another language so they said"hey lets fuck it up for ever and GOOD!" hahaha..

There's a "dialect" that the mexican community on the borders often speaks that some people call "Spanglish"... very funny to hear if you ask me... They mix words in english and spanish and also mix-up the way the languages are structured.... a complete mess

SheisTheDark

15 Juni 2002
Germany
Website besuchen
Examening our ROOTS!

Woa. Ive never heard that before, I mean I have worked in a very highly populated spanish restaraunt...with those who spoke spanish and those who spoke english..but never heard this dialect you speak of. I belive it though. But as for the Eubonics...its very doubtful, that it consists of spanish and english. Would say its more of broken english with that of the south...but definetly not spanish.

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Whoa, and I thought "Spanglish" was just a joke term that crass gringos like m'self used! :eek: Kinda like how some Canucks and New Englanders speak franglais. I know some of my Spanish-speaking friends like to switch back and forth between languages...which really fucks with me. :D

Ebonics? Ain't a drop of Spanish in it, it's just inner city black ('scuse me..."urban"), really. Even though it's not a real "dialect", it's just a term made up to weasel some money out of the federal govt.

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Yup Spanglish is just fractured English and fractured Spanish. And as Warthog says it's really easy to joke about it, but these people actually make up words like "parkearse" (a mix between parking and the spanish word)... I guess it's kind of natural to mix languages as well as all their other cultural stuff....

I guess this happens everywhere there's a mix of cultures I saw a movie recently where they made an interview with a Basque and he was mixing words in Spanish and catalan... Maybe Sodomy can comment on this too

Warthog

29 Mai 2002
Washington D.C., USA
www.wacken.us
Originally posted by Rosk
Yup Spanglish is just fractured English and fractured Spanish. And as Warthog says it's really easy to joke about it, but these people actually make up words like "parkearse" (a mix between parking and the spanish word)... I guess it's kind of natural to mix languages as well as all their other cultural stuff....

The funniest example of this I've heard is where people add "-ito" or "-ita" to English words. Like when my friend Jose called my 4x4 a "truckito". :D:D:D

Rosk

30 Mai 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
The funniest example of this I've heard is where people add "-ito" or "-ita" to English words. Like when my friend Jose called my 4x4 a "truckito". :D:D:D

Yeah that's really funny Warthogito :D:D:D:D

Luci does that a lot here while talking to me :D