Help please

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
18 Nov. 2006
Alberta, Canada, Great North!
Hello I'm from Canada and me and my friends are coming out to Germany for Wacken and I need some help filling the rest of my trip? Also I worked out the price for the tickets is 99 Euro because thats a $150 Canadian so I'm working out the pricing you know as a general thing. I'm guessing there are going to be people from other countries there should I say where I'm from even though I'm part german? Well any information can help thanks this is going to be a trip of a lifetime.

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
CanadianBarbarian schrieb:
Hello I'm from Canada and me and my friends are coming out to Germany for Wacken and I need some help filling the rest of my trip? Also I worked out the price for the tickets is 99 Euro because thats a $150 Canadian so I'm working out the pricing you know as a general thing. I'm guessing there are going to be people from other countries there should I say where I'm from even though I'm part german? Well any information can help thanks this is going to be a trip of a lifetime.

I'm sure it's going to be a great trip.

Start by reading this:
http://forum.wacken.com/showthread.php?t=122556

Next go through this:
http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2007/main-info/faq/

Then look through this forum in search of other threads where pretty much all possible questions has been asked and answered.

Did you have any specific questions though, part from if you should say where you're from?

I can't see why you wouldn't or shouldn't say where you're from.

There are people from more or less all over the world going, maybe not that much from Africa, but most other continents seem to be represented.

Swedes, Danes, Finns, English, Scottish, Irish, Russian, Aussies, Mexicans, Americans, Canadians, Japaneese, Israeli, and so on.
And Germans of course...

Some advice, take it for what it is:

Don't expect each and everyone to be able to speak perfect English.

If you can speak some German, try with that as a gesture to the people in the country you're visiting if nothing else.

Don't expect to be able to pay with your credit card at the festival, bring cash and lots of it. For your first Wacken you'll find tons of stuff you want to buy. And the line for the ATM is huge if you don't go there in the middle of the night/very early morning.

If it rains it WILL get muddy, have shoes and clothes to deal with it.

If it is sunny it WILL get very hot and you'll need sun protection or clothes to deal with it. There's not much shade around and your tent will be very very hot inside.

You will not be able to book a hotel in Wacken, plan ahead to camp at the site, it's included in your ticket and you'll have the most fun that way as well.

I won't be there myself next year, but if you start using this forum get to know the people and also sign up for the forum camp of 2007, then you'll be in good hands for your first Wacken.