hamburg->wacken??

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

cyberwicklow

1 Jan. 2008
IRELAND!
ok as far as i know its about 50km, well be coming by train on the ic bahn from amsterdam to hamburg, whats the best way to get from hamburg to wacken? also whats the story with searches coming over the border coming from amsterdam and all,
cheers, Dave

mental_mercury

W:O:A Metalmaster
18 Juni 2007
Marburg, Hessen
Please read the sticky at the top of the "Talk" page.

From what I heard, the Bundespolizei love to target the metalhead lookin people for searches though. No personal experience w/ that though.

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
ok as far as i know its about 50km, well be coming by train on the ic bahn from amsterdam to hamburg, whats the best way to get from hamburg to wacken? also whats the story with searches coming over the border coming from amsterdam and all,
cheers, Dave

Please read the sticky at the top of the "Talk" page.

From what I heard, the Bundespolizei love to target the metalhead lookin people for searches though. No personal experience w/ that though.

Be prepared for customs during the train from Hengelo to Rheine. And change in Osnabrück, no directs from Amsterdam to Hamburg.

My advice: Don't be foolish to bring gras from the NL, the Germans are NOT amused when they find anything on your person.

cyberwicklow

1 Jan. 2008
IRELAND!
hmmm i had been afraid of that, whats with the general german sense of humour anyway...hmmm not like they would jeck in my pants or anything? or even my ass? or my friends ass...his ass is huge we could smuggle a person in there hahaha, yea i found 1 train from amsterdam centraal to hamburg with 1 stop over, cant remember where the stop over was though...hmmm ill think bout the weed hope ill hear some more tips on that, and any ideas for gettin to wacken from hamburg as that would be the most important thing, i was lookin around and couldnt find anythin was hopin if there were enough people there might be some form of shuttel bus or something, itll be our first year at wacken, we always went to download but exams clashed for most of us this year so here we come :p thanks again for replys

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
My friend arrived in wacken last year by train after visiting amsterdam. He said there was no security checks what so ever. Here is a pic of what he brought on his person.

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.j...62&PhotoAlbumId=5198396368&PhotoId=5198595232

Germany has something known as "Flying Border Controls" by the Bundesgrenzpolizei. They hop on trains as they seem fit.

2 Years ago, on my way to Cologne they entered the train from Venlo to Mönchengladbach and checked all foreigners. ID and luggage. Fortunately 2 of my countrymen forgot their ID, so they were more occupied with them than with my luggage. And I was on my way to Dong Open Air. (and they never heard of that)
To know that I showed them both my Dutch as my Belgian ID.

So... just be careful!

(The train controller once thought I was smoking pot, just because I tend to roll my cigarettes that way.)

bumpzilla

W:O:A Metalhead
since im a stupid american, i am not going to try and bring anything in. i am going to try and bring back some of that wacken beer to the us though. im sure beer would be fine if i have it in my checked luggage. my uncle was able to bring back some german beer from his last visit to germany back in 2005. oh well, we will see i guess once it gets to be that time!!!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
since im a stupid american, i am not going to try and bring anything in. i am going to try and bring back some of that wacken beer to the us though. im sure beer would be fine if i have it in my checked luggage. my uncle was able to bring back some german beer from his last visit to germany back in 2005. oh well, we will see i guess once it gets to be that time!!!

Normally that shouldn't be a problem, but after the failed attempts in London, I'm not so sure. Just ask your flight company what you can bring in or what not in your checked in luggage.

cyberwicklow

1 Jan. 2008
IRELAND!
My friend arrived in wacken last year by train after visiting amsterdam. He said there was no security checks what so ever. Here is a pic of what he brought on his person.

http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.j...62&PhotoAlbumId=5198396368&PhotoId=5198595232

that is a rediculous amount hahaha then again if he lived in germany and was headin home after wacken i might understand but fuck me thats alot haha, we were just thinkin of enough to last the fest, not gonna chance bringin through an airport back home fuck that ill post some from amsterdam at most

exhibit_666

15 Mai 2007
that is a rediculous amount hahaha then again if he lived in germany and was headin home after wacken i might understand but fuck me thats alot haha, we were just thinkin of enough to last the fest, not gonna chance bringin through an airport back home fuck that ill post some from amsterdam at most

That didnt even last the festival. Were from northern ireland so it had to be used.

cyberwicklow

1 Jan. 2008
IRELAND!
ah were from the republic (it doesnt really make a difference to me) were from wicklow, yea its the same for us, were debatin whether to do amsterdam before or after, would be a very nice wind down to wacken, and no border problems ya know

Sam Przyborowski

W:O:A Metalhead
2 Apr. 2005
Coventry
I remember one year when we went by coach, never doing that again...they pulled our coach over, got us to get all our baggage out of the coach and had the police sniffer dogs go through all our bags.

Somebody had some stuff on him which he promptly ate..