Hamburg to Berlin

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.
29 Juli 2005
Scotland
Hi sorry to keep using the forum to just ask questions to help me when I cant really give any information back but I was wondering if anyone can advise me about this.

After the festival I want to go to Berlin for two days, I was looking at the train but even if you book in advance its fairly expensive. I was trying to work out if it was possible to get the bus and how much it would cost but I became very confused with all the different stops. Do any of you know if it is cheaper to get the bus and if you could still book even though its only about 5 days away that id be going. I couldn't work out which stops would be the right ones to leave from and arrive at if its even possible to book the bus. Thank you if anyone knows :)

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
flamesoftheend schrieb:
Hi sorry to keep using the forum to just ask questions to help me when I cant really give any information back but I was wondering if anyone can advise me about this.

After the festival I want to go to Berlin for two days, I was looking at the train but even if you book in advance its fairly expensive. I was trying to work out if it was possible to get the bus and how much it would cost but I became very confused with all the different stops. Do any of you know if it is cheaper to get the bus and if you could still book even though its only about 5 days away that id be going. I couldn't work out which stops would be the right ones to leave from and arrive at if its even possible to book the bus. Thank you if anyone knows :)
What you could try, is to find 4 or 5 people who want to go with you by train and travel on a "schönes-Wochenende-ticket" This is aprox. 30 euros throughout Germany, no matter where you go! Only limit, no IC and ICE trains, or other trains with supplement. It means changing a lot, but on the other hand, it's cheap, and you don't need to book in advance.

29 Juli 2005
Scotland
Thank you, it would be a realy good idea but the days we would be chosing from would be sunday, monday, tuesday and this ticket is only for saturday and sunday. Maybe we will just have to get the expensive train :(

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
flamesoftheend schrieb:
Thank you, it would be a realy good idea but the days we would be chosing from would be sunday, monday, tuesday and this ticket is only for saturday and sunday. Maybe we will just have to get the expensive train :(
I thought you were going to Berlin AFTER Wacken. You have to leave on Sundays anyway.

But I could be mistaken.

29 Juli 2005
Scotland
Quark schrieb:
I thought you were going to Berlin AFTER Wacken. You have to leave on Sundays anyway.

But I could be mistaken.

Yeah sorry I maybe didnt explain it well, we do want to go to Berlin after Wacken so that would be aby time from the Sunday when you must leave Wacken until Wednesday the 10th so I would miss the chance of the weekend ticket :(

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
flamesoftheend schrieb:
Yeah sorry I maybe didnt explain it well, we do want to go to Berlin after Wacken so that would be aby time from the Sunday when you must leave Wacken until Wednesday the 10th so I would miss the chance of the weekend ticket :(
I know from experience that you can't stay longer at the camp site. Sunday is the day you have to leave! And I reckon there isn't much to do in Wacken itself after the festival, so I'd recommend going to Berlin after the festival. (which is at Sunday)

But hell, it's your choise!

29 Juli 2005
Scotland
Quark schrieb:
I know from experience that you can't stay longer at the camp site. Sunday is the day you have to leave! And I reckon there isn't much to do in Wacken itself after the festival, so I'd recommend going to Berlin after the festival. (which is at Sunday)

But hell, it's your choise!

Yeah thats what I said Sunday! That is when we will be leaving so we could go to Berlin on Sunday but it would have to be the expensive tickets. never mind, thanks for the advice anyway. :)