Hahaaa, lets hear those confessions...

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

johnrock

21 Feb. 2003
Aachen
www.wretched.de
Originally posted by konstrukt
I studied History in University, and will soon start more studies to get my PhD degree in History. In the meantime i work at a financial company in computer software development :(

Cool, I thought I was the only metalhead crazy enough to do his PhD!!! I finished my master in economics last year, but I was scared to death of working, so I decided to stay at the univeristy for some more time and do my PhD. But my friends are making fun of me... :)

Bramadeus

23 Dez. 2001
Hellgium
herfst.deathmetal.be
I'm a 2nd candidature graphic design student at the ST Lukas academy in Brussels after a rather unsucsessfull yr studying psychology at the university of Brussels eheh...
I'll probably head into digital illustration and/or advertising (thats where the money is really)...
I also love stuff like Dave Mc Kean, Travis SMith n so on, working with photocollages, photoshop and so on...
Maybe in a few years I can design some booklets for Nevermore and Opeth and other great bands ehehe :cool:

gnoff

W:O:A Metalmaster
9 Juli 2002
Mölndal, Sweden
Originally posted by gandalf
Just wanna know and lets bring the heavy artillery:

WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO FOR A LIVING?

Let's see what presidents, moviestars and hannibal lecters are amongst our mids...

Things have changed since I last replied in here :)

I now have a new job which I will start on March 15, but since that is a Saturday I will most likely start on Monday the 17th instead.

This is as an Electronics engineer at the swedish company Alvis Hägglunds in Örnsköldsvik, situated along the eastern coast, just about in the middle of Sweden when looking between the north and south ends.

I will work on most of their electronics in the military vehicles thay manufacture, both tanks and something callen "bandvagn" which was translated into "tracked (track-laying) vehicle".

I will work with both digital and analog electronics, as well as VHDLmprogramming for FPGA's and also some real time C programming for micro processors.

Of course this new job means that I need to move, Stockholm where I live now is about 550 kilometers from Örnsköldsvik, so I need to get my ass up north.
Just now looking into wheter to but a house or rent an apartment.

I have a bachelors degree in Electrical engineering and economics from the Royal institute of technology in Stockholm, and I think I will not return to school after all.

I will actually earn a lot less money then I did on my last job and in this new city pay higher taxes, but I will earn enough money to be able to have some fun on the week ends and also go to Wacken.
Also the job itself seem very interesting and rewarding.

But like I have mentioned in other threads as well, they force me to cut off my beard that I have not even trimmed for the last 17 months, but that is something I'm willing to do.

I was in the end the only person offered a job out of 105 applicants, makes you feel wanted, but also put some pressure on the effort one need to make.