Going to Wacken Alone (as a Woman)

• Als neues Loginsystem benutzen wir die Wacken.ID. Damit du deinen jetzigen Account im Wacken Forum mit der Wacken.ID verknüpfen kannst, klicke bitte auf den Link und trage deine E-Mail Adresse ein, die du auch hier im Forum benutzt. Ein User mit deinem Benutzernamen und deiner E-Mail Adresse wird dann automatisch angelegt. Du bekommst dann eine E-Mail und musst deine Wacken.ID bestätigen.

Sollte es Probleme geben, schreibt uns bitte.

Klicke hier, um deinen Account in eine Wacken.ID zu migrireren.

Tuvya

18 März 2013
United States

Hey now, no one needs to get shot, agresionpower! :eek:
Quark is correct in that I managed to briefly scan the replies, but life has just been really busy, and I haven't been able to find leisure time to log-on and prepare a response. That doesn't mean I am not grateful for the fantastic insight you've all kindly divulged to me, though. I truly do appreciate it!

Quark:
Wonderful; that is good to know. :)
After reading through all of the responses, it seems to be a popular agreement to take as little as possible, and to carry it at all times. For the latter, does that stand equally for clothing, too (both what I bring and the t-shirts I'm bound to purchase while there)? Would it be best to carry any CDs I may buy?

Wow, waking to a stranger stumbling through your tent probably gave you a start!

Alix:
Oh, really? They sound like pretty neat, friendly people. I'm fairly shy, so if others take the first step to initiate conversation, it would make it a lot easier for me, hah.

Great information! Thanks!
Searching for/starting a thread is a nice option. Unless I knew them beforehand, though, I probably would be more at ease by myself.

xforeverxmetalx:
If I am able to attend this year I too will be straight out of high school. Festivals would be an amazing, freeing adventure - I'm just not certain I can fund it with the exchange rate as it is, currently. Plus, I'd have to scour different websites for a ticket since Wacken has sold out.

I appreciate all the tips and specific answers!
Yeah, I'm sure someone entering a tent would be unlikely. It would probably be more humorous than anything else, really... though, should it ever happen, I can't guarantee s/he wouldn't get punched if I was jolted awake and disoriented from sleep. :eek:

agresionpower:
There were lockers? Interesting, I wouldn't have expected that.
8 times-- you must be a pro at this then-- and all that has disappeared is a camping chair? No, not bad at all! :)

Between Germany and Italy (two countries I visited a couple years ago), I would definitely have to mutually agree that Germany feels safe. I never felt uneasy there. Italy was chaotic… the people were nice, but I instinctively held tighter to my valuables, hah.

gabi.pit:
I originally figured that there would be a large population of English speakers, but I had read something a person posted on a different website that pretty much said German would be necessary. I'm glad to see that isn't the case. (Though I still would like to improve on the language, regardless.)

Wow, I'm sorry someone ripped apart your sleeping bag. :(

Scream "Wacken"? Interesting… I'm very curious now! If I can work up the courage, I definitely will try it! :p

UltimoAviso:
Ah, alright. Cat-calling is fairly harmless.
I am the type of person who would purchase a tent lock even if I had nothing inside. It never occurred to me that it could act as a hint-- so thanks for the heads up! If I decide to, though, I will use your recommendation of tucking it into the tent itself.

Rain… yes. From what I understand, it was torrential last year. :eek: I saw people playing in the rivers of mud on Youtube, hahah.

Tri-6:
CDs are something that I have similarly wondered about. With the advice from previous posts, I suppose it would be wise to keep the amount low and carry them in a backpack/bag.

cyber999:
I will certainly consider that. Thanks!

Once again, I appreciate the time you've all taken to post. :angel:

Best of wishes,
- Tuvya

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien
it looks like she'll will never read the answers :p

Quark is correct in that I managed to briefly scan the replies, but life has just been really busy, and I haven't been able to find leisure time to log-on and prepare a response. That doesn't mean I am not grateful for the fantastic insight you've all kindly divulged to me, though. I truly do appreciate it!

Quark:
After reading through all of the responses, it seems to be a popular agreement to take as little as possible, and to carry it at all times. For the latter, does that stand equally for clothing, too (both what I bring and the t-shirts I'm bound to purchase while there)? Would it be best to carry any CDs I may buy?

Wow, waking to a stranger stumbling through your tent probably gave you a start!

Alix:
Oh, really? They sound like pretty neat, friendly people. I'm fairly shy, so if others take the first step to initiate conversation, it would make it a lot easier for me, hah.

Great information! Thanks!
Searching for/starting a thread is a nice option. Unless I knew them beforehand, though, I probably would be more at ease by myself.

xforeverxmetalx:
If I am able to attend this year I too will be straight out of high school. Festivals would be an amazing, freeing adventure - I'm just not certain I can fund it with the exchange rate as it is, currently. Plus, I'd have to scour different websites for a ticket since Wacken has sold out.

I appreciate all the tips and specific answers!
Yeah, I'm sure someone entering a tent would be unlikely. It would probably be more humorous than anything else, really... though, should it ever happen, I can't guarantee s/he wouldn't get punched if I was jolted awake and disoriented from sleep. :eek:

agresionpower:
8 times-- you must be a pro at this then-- and all that has disappeared is a camping chair? No, not bad at all! :)

Between Germany and Italy (two countries I visited a couple years ago), I would definitely have to mutually agree that Germany feels safe. I never felt uneasy there. Italy was chaotic… the people were nice, but I instinctively held tighter to my valuables, hah.

gabi.pit:
I originally figured that there would be a large population of English speakers, but I had read something a person posted on a different website that pretty much said German would be necessary. I'm glad to see that isn't the case. (Though I still would like to improve on the language, regardless.)

Wow, I'm sorry someone ripped apart your sleeping bag. :(

Scream "Wacken"? Interesting… I'm very curious now! If I can work up the courage, I definitely will try it! :p

UltimoAviso:
Ah, alright. Cat-calling is fairly harmless.
I am the type of person who would purchase a tent lock even if I had nothing inside. It never occurred to me that it could act as a hint-- so thanks for the heads up! If I decide to, though, I will use your recommendation of tucking it into the tent itself.

Rain… yes. From what I understand, it was torrential last year. :eek: I saw people playing in the rivers of mud on Youtube, hahah.

Tri-6:
CDs are something that I have similarly wondered about. With the advice from previous posts, I suppose it would be wise to keep the amount low and carry them in a backpack/bag.

cyber999:
I will certainly consider that. Thanks!

Once again, I appreciate the time you've all taken to post. :angel:

Best of wishes,
- Tuvya

No, it doesn't. :o

:D:ugly::D

@Tuvya, if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask, and also read the stickies on top about "All these questions" (gnoff) and "THE (semi) DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO WACKEN" (Zombi)!

Quark

Der Beste
19 Juli 2004
Best, Nederland. Jetzt Belgien

Quark:

Wow, waking to a stranger stumbling through your tent probably gave you a start!​

Er, clothing doesn't matter much (I reckon, but I took as little as possible with me there too, and all in my bag) About CDs etc. if you can stash them somewhere, I don't think you'll have difficulties either, I'm more talking cash, passport etc. that you need to carry on you. (preferably stashed but otherwise out of range) If you want to be sure, there will be lockers available (www.carderobe.com, so far only available in German, you can make reservations right now),where you can put them in. Costs a bit but you're at least sure!

And about strangers in your tent, it happened to me, I have never heard anyone else about it.
It was a surprising event, I can tell you that. But he left. (drunk as he was, 2003 I think)

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland

agresionpower:

ah, but I wanna shoot somebody :(

8 times is nothing, ask Quark :D
but yeah I feel a bit like a pro haha.

if you go to the festival ABC on the website you'll find "lockertrucks":
We are providing safe deposit boxes at this year’s Wacken Open Air for all your valuables.
The location of the Lockertruck will be near the wristband exchange at the Wacken Plaza. (POS 27 - Holy Wacken Land Plan)
You can rent your save deposit boxes on-site.
There are 840 boxes in total: 180XL and 660M-sized boxes.

Size details of the safe deposit boxes:
Big Box(XL): width: 35cm; height: 31cm; depth: 35cm
Small Box(M): width: 17cm; height: 18cm; depth: 18cm

Prices:
1 Big Box(XL): 5€/Day
1 Small Box(M): 3€/Day

Opening Hours of the Lockertruck:
Wednesday, 01.8.2012: 12h (noon) - 3h
Thursday, 02.8.2012: 12h (noon) - 3h
Friday, 03.08.2012: 12h (noon) - 3h
Saturday, 04.08.2012: 12h (noon) - 3h
Sunday, 05.08.2012: until 12h (noon)
During opening hours there are two employees of the company “Carderobe” at the truck, available for your questions and support.

and yeah, just a camping chair, and that was because I was to drunk to put it in my tent in the night :p

agresionpower

W:O:A Metalgod
22 Juni 2005
Almere, Holland
meet people here at the forum or on you way to wacken and camp with them. its the best solution to avoid getting stolen.

That's also good when the airline loses you backpack right? :D
Fortunately in your case they delivered it a few hours after you arrived.

(for the people wondering, cybers airline lost his back and he almost had to sleep in my tent, but a few hours after we talked about this the airline delivered his backpack at the wacken office.)